Windows 10: How do I make password required for certain actions.

Discus and support How do I make password required for certain actions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I plan on making a admin ("root") account then a main account that I use everyday. How would I go about making it so any admin privileges are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akaEch0, Jan 19, 2021.

1. How do I make password required for certain actions.

So I plan on making a admin ("root") account then a main account that I use everyday.

How would I go about making it so any admin privileges are locked behind a password. Like sudo for linux. I'd like if I had to enter a password even to download something.

submitted by /u/akaEch0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akaEch0, Jan 19, 2021

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 19, 2021
  4. How do I make password required for certain actions.

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

How do I make password required for certain actions.

1. How do I make password required for certain actions. - Similar Threads - password required certain

2. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent: I download music files and when I open the folder I store them in I want to be able to see the size, type and bit rate without me having to set that on every folder I have. Is there some way to make those things show automatically?...
  3. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent: I download music files and when I open the folder I store them in I want to be able to see the size, type and bit rate without me having to set that on every folder I have. Is there some way to make those things show automatically?...
  4. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  6. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  7. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I remove password complexity requirement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove password complexity requirement?: Hi guys i've been trying for a pretty long time to remove password complexity requirements on my local account and i found this website: https://www.infopackets.com/node/10729 I'm using windows 10 home, ver 10.0.18363 the difference between the website's instructions and...
  9. PC hanging whenever I do certain actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hanging whenever I do certain actions: In recent days my PC has start to hang a lot more than before whenever I do something with the files. You can find my PC specification here. How did it happened? One day my PC was hanging super hard and I cannot even use anything. It was basically similar to the 100%...
  10. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...