Windows 10: How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?

Discus and support How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something happened to my app sometime after July where each time I full screen the pictures there's black edges on the top and bottom at the exact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexandrosGarcia, Aug 22, 2021.

1. How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?

Something happened to my app sometime after July where each time I full screen the pictures there's black edges on the top and bottom at the exact measure of the top options bar and the taskbar underneath. My photo viewer USED to make images take up the entire screen but that is no longer the case anymore. The image shown is what it looks like when I fullscreen and zoom in. How do I make my app work like before without those edges?

:)

AlexandrosGarcia, Aug 22, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen?

1. How do I make Photo Viewer to go actual Fullscreen? - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer actual

2. How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?: The WindowsApps folder where it resides is hidden, and I'm led to believe that I should keep it that way for security reasons.When I go to the settings menu > apps, and I select the default programs menu, selecting .wepb files currently set to Chrome, Photos is not on the...
  3. How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make Microsoft Photos the default viewer for .webp files?: The WindowsApps folder where it resides is hidden, and I'm led to believe that I should keep it that way for security reasons.When I go to the settings menu > apps, and I select the default programs menu, selecting .wepb files currently set to Chrome, Photos is not on the...
  4. How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?: Two days ago my photo viewer suddenly had these horribly thick borders that cut a solid 25% of the picture at the top and bottom. It is absolutely horrid and makes the app pointless to use for edits compared to other online applications. Is there a way to remove this or was...
  5. I can't make this app go fullscreen. Is there any way to force it into fullscreen mode? I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't make this app go fullscreen. Is there any way to force it into fullscreen mode? I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/capitalisthuman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjl69a/i_cant_make_this_app_go_fullscreen_is_there_any/
  6. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  7. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  8. How do I make a photo smaller

How do I make a photo smaller: How do I make a photo smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-photo-smaller/d4567548-355f-4e37-895d-ac31795ec426
  9. How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10: How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10. My not accept photos fro my Canon elf vamera which ate not .jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/7354905c-2e0f-4725-b84a-31053608623c
  10. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...