Windows 10: How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?

Discus and support How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The only reason I want to do this is that it is the only image format that can be tagged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LAPIII Win User

How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?

The only reason I want to do this is that it is the only image format that can be tagged.

:)

LAPIII, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Dec 12, 2018
  3. my screenshots are not saved to pictures folder where screenshots are saved by default on windows 10

Hi Wasim,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What happens when you try making changes in the registry?

2. Where exactly does the picture get saved?

I suggest you to try the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool and check for system health
    and then try saving the pictures to picture folder.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)is the tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Marco Gav Win User

How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default? - Similar Threads - screenshots save JPG

2. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  3. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  4. Win 11 - How to change the Snipping Tool / Screenshot default "Save as" to JPG filetype? I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - How to change the Snipping Tool / Screenshot default "Save as" to JPG filetype? I...: On my new computer with Windows 11, the snipping tool's default is to save all new snips as a png file. I use the Screenshot key to initiate my snippings. I prefer save all my snips as jpg files, not png files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way...
  5. Win 11 - How to change the Snipping Tool / Screenshot default "Save as" to JPG filetype? I...

Win 11 - How to change the Snipping Tool / Screenshot default "Save as" to JPG filetype? I...: On my new computer with Windows 11, the snipping tool's default is to save all new snips as a png file. I use the Screenshot key to initiate my snippings. I prefer save all my snips as jpg files, not png files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way...
  6. How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?: How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-printscreen-screenshots-as-png-file/1a0a3f19-7108-4895-8e92-f5aea15e5884
  7. How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?

How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game?: How do I save printscreen screenshots as PNG file instead of the current JPG in game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-printscreen-screenshots-as-png-file/1a0a3f19-7108-4895-8e92-f5aea15e5884
  8. how to make windows screenshots save to desktop???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to make windows screenshots save to desktop???: i'll use snip and sketch or game bar and screenshots don't autosave to my desktop. how do i make them save to my desktop?? submitted by /u/earthvirgo10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqrwhx/how_to_make_windows_screenshots_save_to_desktop/
  9. How do I save screenshots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I save screenshots?: Split from this thread. how do I save screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-screenshots/e76d539d-b2ce-479c-8faa-d61d7b6d5af2
  10. How do I make a screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a screenshot: I'm using Windows 10 Home pro, On a HP Compac Elite 8300 small form factor Desktop PC ... What is a easy to make a screenshot,,, can I do it without having to use the snipping tool... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save screenshot as jpg

2. how to save screen shot as jpeg

3. how to save a screen shot as a jpg

4. save screenshot as jpg,
  5. saving screenshot as jpg,
  6. save screenshot as jpeg,
  7. save screenshots as jpg,
  8. how to change a photo to jpeg,
  9. how to print screen and save to jpeg,
  10. screenshot windows 10 jpg instead,
  11. screenshots save as,