Windows 10: How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.

Discus and support How do I make search stop telling me to sign in. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I know that a huge part of Windows 10 is that they are trying to make it all on the cloud, but I feel MUCH more secure with everything on my computer.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nin10dorox, Aug 6, 2015.

1. How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.

I know that a huge part of Windows 10 is that they are trying to make it all on the cloud, but I feel MUCH more secure with everything on my computer. I will want to use the cloud for some things, but not for everything.

The thing I want to avoid the most is using my Microsoft account to sign into my computer. I want to have my own local account that is separate from all internet as my computer login. If I want to do stuff online, I will go to the browser.

My annoyance is that Every time I try to search for a folder or program using the search button, it opens Cortana, who immediately asks me to sign in with my Microsoft account. At first I was fine with it, but then I noticed that it changed my computer login into my Microsoft account login.

Is there a way to make Cortana stop telling me to sign in to Microsoft every time I try to search for a folder? It is really annoying.

:)

nin10dorox, Aug 6, 2015
  2. hayhurst2 Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from asking me to sign-in?

You gave me a quick effective fix. I thank you very much.

hayhurst2, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking me to sign-in?

click start, type netplwiz and press enter

untick the "users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

click apply

you will be asked for a username and password, if you are using a Microsoft account, enter the full email address associated with your Microsoft account, if its a local account enter the username.

click ok and ok

it will now not ask you to log in when you start the computer

Martmcd, Aug 6, 2015
  4. How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.

O Have the same problem. I use windows s to search for all of my programs and every time she bothers me.
    is there a way to make her stop asking me to sign in?

tangoindiamike, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Right click on the Start Menu, choose Search:

How do I make search stop telling me to sign in. [​IMG]

then choose 'Not interested' and 'I'm sure':

Edwin, Dec 8, 2015
  6. tangoindiamike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.

1. How do I make search stop telling me to sign in. - Similar Threads - search stop telling

2. how do I make security stop telling me there is a virus when it's been removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make security stop telling me there is a virus when it's been removed?: Windows security keeps telling me there is a virus, but it has already removed the zip it was in. Does not matter what I respond as an action it keeps nagging me about it, and it's literally not there anymore. I never opened the zip, let alone run the program in it. How do I...
  3. how do I make security stop telling me there is a virus when it's been removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make security stop telling me there is a virus when it's been removed?: Windows security keeps telling me there is a virus, but it has already removed the zip it was in. Does not matter what I respond as an action it keeps nagging me about it, and it's literally not there anymore. I never opened the zip, let alone run the program in it. How do I...
  4. how do I make security stop telling me there is a virus when it's been removed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Sign in takes me directly to Bing - how do I make it stop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Sign in takes me directly to Bing - how do I make it stop?: Using Window 10. Suddenly now I do not get the enter your password area unless I click on a link that will take me to Bing. I don't use Bing. I just want to open my computer to my desktop. Any suggestions?...
  6. Windows 10 Sign in takes me directly to Bing - how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sign in takes me directly to Bing - how do I make it stop?: Using Window 10. Suddenly now I do not get the enter your password area unless I click on a link that will take me to Bing. I don't use Bing. I just want to open my computer to my desktop. Any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 Sign in takes me directly to Bing - how do I make it stop?

8. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  9. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  10. How do I make Windows Defender stop telling me that nothing is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Windows Defender stop telling me that nothing is wrong: The way Defender keeps on demanding attention only to tell me it found no problems is irritating. I want it to shut up until something actually does need attention. submitted by /u/Roger-the-Dodger-67 [link] [comments]...