Windows 10: How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor

Discus and support How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I'm at home I use 2 monitors. My laptop being my main monitor and the second one for other things. The issue I have is when I travel the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrewBarnes1, Apr 7, 2020.

1. How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor

When I'm at home I use 2 monitors. My laptop being my main monitor and the second one for other things.

The issue I have is when I travel the computer "thinks" I still have 2 monitors and doesn't display the programs I opened in the second monitor on the single screen.

How do I configure windows 10 to realize I am using only one monitor ?? It takes a while to go into settings and get things back to a single monitor configuration. This is especially true if I open up settings in my second monitor and not on my laptop.

:)

DrewBarnes1, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 dual monitor going back to single monitor display

HI,

To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When you tried to turn it back to single monitor, were there any changes made before?

• Have you checked if the drivers are up-to-date?

• What changes did you make in the Display Settings?

• Aside from what you have mentioned, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 7, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor

Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right click a free area of the desktop, select "properties"

2. Click the "settings" tab

3. Click the mouse on the seconary monitor grapic,

4. UNCHECK the box "extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"

5. Click the primary monitor graphic

6. Make sure that "use this device as primary monitor" is CHECKED

If you're not sure which is 1 and which is 2, tap the "identify" button. It should display a huge, gigantic "1" on the primary monitor.

Or if that does not work, right click the application on the Taskbar, click Move, then use the arrow keys to move the program. The mouse cursor locks to the program window and you can use the mouse to position the program
    on your screen, you just have to use the arrow keys initially.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor

1. How Do I make sure all my programs show up on a single monitor - Similar Threads - sure programs show

2. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  3. How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure Numlock is on at startup?: My numlock key is defaulting to off. Is there any way to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-sure-numlock-is-on-at-startup/5ec14c85-c162-44ed-bb94-3d8adbffe314
  4. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...: How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it can never be installed on my Windows 10 Home PC?Ruth 1953 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-get-rid-of-the-windows/c14bd873-3163-4780-b83d-2fa82f9afa88
  5. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...: How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it can never be installed on my Windows 10 Home PC?Ruth 1953 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-get-rid-of-the-windows/c14bd873-3163-4780-b83d-2fa82f9afa88
  6. How do I permanently get rid of the Windows Insider Program and make sure it is never...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I make all network connections show

How do I make all network connections show: Windows 10, desktop. File Explorer, left hand column, Network tab. Rarely do all network connections show. Usually just 2 of the 6 connections ever show, sometines 3, sometimes none, and which ones show can change from day to day. The two, most often used connections rarely...
  8. How do I make all network connections show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make all network connections show: Windows 10, desktop. File Explorer, left hand column, Network tab. Rarely do all network connections show. Usually just 2 of the 6 connections ever show, sometines 3, sometimes none, and which ones show can change from day to day. The two, most often used connections rarely...
  9. How to make alt tab show up on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make alt tab show up on multiple monitors: I recently bought a 2nd monitor and i noticed that by default the alt tab menu only shows up on the primary monitor and not the 2nd. very inconvenient because i do a lot of gaming on the 1st monitor so most of my alt tabbing happens on the 2nd monitor. I discovered display...
  10. A program start on one monitor and actually shows up on another monitor. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A program start on one monitor and actually shows up on another monitor. How do I fix this?: I have four monitors and made monitor one my main display. So when I start a program game it shows a start image on monitor one and actually comes up on monitor three and I can't move the program to monitor one....