Windows 10: How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account?

Discus and support How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So what happened was when I first received my laptop, I already have my main Account. But for school/education purposes, I created a new user for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PrettyS18, Feb 25, 2022.

1. PrettyS18 Win User

How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account?

So what happened was when I first received my laptop, I already have my main Account. But for school/education purposes, I created a new user for my school works and such. This now means that I have 2 users on my laptop, 1 for the admin and 1 for school. I usually spend a lot of my time in my School User and I completely forgot that I have my Admin User. And I decided since I don't really need 2 users I removed my main administration user and I deleted it after I change the admin into my school user and renamed the school user my name. But what I don't know is why I don't see this category on

:)

PrettyS18, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 25, 2022
  3. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account? :(

Zakin, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account? - Similar Threads - sure School Account

2. How do I make my work account my main account via default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my work account my main account via default?: Every time i log in to a microsoft office app it automatically logs in as my personal account, then i have to remember to open as work account so i dont have to constantly remember to change - please advise...
  3. How do I make my work account my main account via default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my work account my main account via default?: Every time i log in to a microsoft office app it automatically logs in as my personal account, then i have to remember to open as work account so i dont have to constantly remember to change - please advise...
  4. How do I make my school account my main account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my school account my main account?: I recently had to buy a new computer. On my old computer, I had my school Microsoft account as my main account. So when I turned on my computer I was automatically logged in to my school Microsoft account. Now with the new computer when I was setting it up, it wouldn't let me...
  5. How do I make my school account my main account?

How do I make my school account my main account?: I recently had to buy a new computer. On my old computer, I had my school Microsoft account as my main account. So when I turned on my computer I was automatically logged in to my school Microsoft account. Now with the new computer when I was setting it up, it wouldn't let me...
  6. How do i recover my school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  7. How do i recover my school account?

How do i recover my school account?: I had to reset my school password and had the saved filed earased from the authenticator app, but now when i try to log in, it asks for a code from the app but i do not have it logged in. And when i try to log in, it asks me for a code that i cant get. I contacted my school...
  8. How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure that my School Account is now my main account?: So what happened was when I first received my laptop, I already have my main Account. But for school/education purposes, I created a new user for my school works and such. This now means that I have 2 users on my laptop, 1 for the admin and 1 for school. I usually spend a lot...
  9. How do I change my primary account to a school account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my primary account to a school account?: I'm trying to access Minecraft: Education Edition but it shows this:Is there any way to change it?Thanks,Alex. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-primary-account-to-a-school/8a02896a-3066-465e-83c7-1823037e8ba9
  10. make my main account as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    make my main account as administrator?: In Windows 10 I have 2 accounts one is guest account configured as an administrator by mistake, and my main account is not. I want to delete the guest account and make the main one administrator account. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You....