Windows 10: How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive

Discus and support How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, whenever I go to any properties of the applications or folders in my desktop, it always was located at "C:/Users/me/OneDrive/desktop", although,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SaifAlhammouri, Dec 20, 2020.

1. How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive

Hello, whenever I go to any properties of the applications or folders in my desktop, it always was located at "C:/Users/me/OneDrive/desktop", although, I want it to be located at "C:/Users/me/desktop", I right clicked the onedrive icon in the task bar, and unlinked it from my PC, then I uninstalled onedrive using "Add or remove programs", but it still was using that desktop, I tried to simply delete the "OneDrive" folder in my user folder, then restarted my PC, but the OneDrive folder was created again and the desktop folder in OneDrive was also created again, I searched up online and found a solution that said to go to to properties of OneDrive that's in my user, then click on "Location" and click on "Restore Defaults", but when I went to do that, there wasn't a "Location" tab in the properties of the "OneDrive" folder, can somebody please help me?

:)

SaifAlhammouri, Dec 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 20, 2020
  3. One drive has my default desktop

My one drive has my destop in it. ei c/user/onedrive/desktop instead of c/user/desktop how do I remove the desktop in one drive and make the user/desktop a default?

edwardconry, Dec 20, 2020
  4. How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive

Onedrive Desktop Problems

I believe this is the AutoProtection feature in OneDrive that is not very well explained by Microsoft. Instead of keeping a local copy of your files, it moves all of the local folders to the OneDrive folder, and creates symlinks (that don't always work) in place of local content.

To disable, go to OneDrive settings - Auto-save - choose folders to unprotect.

You will then have to manually move the files/folders from OneDrive to the actual local place (so OneDrive/Desktop will need to be moved to %userfolder%/Desktop to restore local access)

Also see this this

user1018551, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive

1. How do I make the default desktop to the user instead of onedrive - Similar Threads - default desktop user

2. How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?: I want the desktop stored on OneDrive to be my default desktop when I open Windows, then I want to get rid of OneDrive, so it doesn't keep saving additions to my desktop there.I also want to get rid of all the other desktops, as I don't need them, and don't use multiple...
  3. How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?: I want the desktop stored on OneDrive to be my default desktop when I open Windows, then I want to get rid of OneDrive, so it doesn't keep saving additions to my desktop there.I also want to get rid of all the other desktops, as I don't need them, and don't use multiple...
  4. How to make my Desktop point to PC Desktop instead of OneDrive Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my Desktop point to PC Desktop instead of OneDrive Desktop?: I noticed that when I right click a desktop icon and check the path in the properties it says C:\Users\harry\OneDrive\Desktop instead of C:\Users\harry\Desktop. It is quite confusing because sometimes I store stuff on C:\Users\harrry\Desktop and then when I check the actual...
  5. How to make my Desktop point to PC Desktop instead of OneDrive Desktop?

How to make my Desktop point to PC Desktop instead of OneDrive Desktop?: I noticed that when I right click a desktop icon and check the path in the properties it says C:\Users\harry\OneDrive\Desktop instead of C:\Users\harry\Desktop. It is quite confusing because sometimes I store stuff on C:\Users\harrry\Desktop and then when I check the actual...
  6. how do i make screenshots ssave to harddrive instead of onedrive

how do i make screenshots ssave to harddrive instead of onedrive: i take alot of screenshots of things and onedrive is saying that the storage is full, but i dont want the screenshots to go to the onedrive cloud i want them to save to my harddrive cause my harddrive is like 2tb so it can have lots of screenshots in it and onedrive only has...
  7. how do i make screenshots ssave to harddrive instead of onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make screenshots ssave to harddrive instead of onedrive: i take alot of screenshots of things and onedrive is saying that the storage is full, but i dont want the screenshots to go to the onedrive cloud i want them to save to my harddrive cause my harddrive is like 2tb so it can have lots of screenshots in it and onedrive only has...
  8. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  9. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  10. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing