Windows 10: How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?

Discus and support How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has to be the shittiest keybind Microsoft has ever added to be honest. I’m in the middle of a game, trying to select my weapon, accidentally press F1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sanasaiocht, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?

Has to be the shittiest keybind Microsoft has ever added to be honest. I’m in the middle of a game, trying to select my weapon, accidentally press F1 instead of 1 and bam; my computer turns off. This is just so Incredibly tedious at this point.

submitted by /u/Sanasaiocht
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sanasaiocht, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Volume connected with f1- can't get it to work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know the details requested below:

• When you say, “the volume wont work its connected to the f1 key” are you not able to get sound on your computer?
    • Which update was installed on the computer? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Ideally, the F1 key is used as the help key in most of the programs. It opens a help screen when the F1 key is pressed.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps mentioned below:

If you are trying to use the F1 key to control volume on the computer, you may want to press
    Fn key + F1 and see if that helps.

However, if you do not get sound on your computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2020
  3. How to make your computer come on automatically.

Here are a few options. They depend on your BIOS providing the required functionality:

• Use a different computer on the same wired network to send a signal to your PC. It's called "Wake-on LAN".
    • Configure your BIOS to turn the PC on at the required time.
    • Use an electric switching clock to apply power to your PC at 8am. Set the BIOS to start the PC when power is applied.
    To get into the BIOS, do this:

• Turn the machine off
    • Turn it on.
    • Wait until the spinning circle appears, then turn the computer off.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times.
    You can now select the preferred boot option or press whatever key is needed to get into the BIOS screen. It is often F12, F1 or F2. Some machines, e.g. Microsoft Surface netbooks, use different methods. You need to read the manual.

Frederik Long, Aug 6, 2020
  4. How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?

How to disable F1 key

How to disable F1 Help key?... Nobody since the dawn of the time, and I mean nobody, EVER needed to press that freaking key to get help. NOBODY!!!! And everytime someone presses to that damn key accidentally curses to the parents of those who invented that
    F1 key (which is avarage 1000 cursing people per minute around the world)..

Windows, for goodness sake, tell me how to disable this cursed key... And make it "optional" for next versions of windows and see how many people will choose to shortcut help to F1. (Clue: NOBODY!!!!!!!)

how can I cancel that F1...

ÖzelCOŞKUNER, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?

1. How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off? - Similar Threads - key turn computer

2. My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer “locked and turned off”. How do I turn it back on?: My computer “locked” and turned off. How can I turn it back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-locked-and-turned-off-how-do-i-turn-it/590149fb-c2c9-4465-ab58-0589c7415e0b
  3. How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?: I'm trying to play a game and I have to press f1 to continue but it just keeps muting my computer instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-f1-key-from-muting-my-computer/8d8865af-80df-4947-8da2-3379cc8e92ce
  4. How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?: I'm trying to play a game and I have to press f1 to continue but it just keeps muting my computer instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-f1-key-from-muting-my-computer/8d8865af-80df-4947-8da2-3379cc8e92ce
  5. how do I turn off my permission on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn off my permission on my computer: Everytime I type something in the search bar and click enter. I get a message I need to get permission from an adult. This is my device and I am an adult....
  6. how do I turn off my permission on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn off my permission on my computer: Everytime I type something in the search bar and click enter. I get a message I need to get permission from an adult. This is my device and I am an adult....
  7. how do I turn off my permission on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I make a script to turn wifi off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a script to turn wifi off?: Also could u make it as simple as possible, I'm a noob. submitted by /u/snoodnodge1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrthdx/how_do_i_make_a_script_to_turn_wifi_off/
  9. Turn off my F1 to F12 keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off my F1 to F12 keys: So when I play games I sometime need to use my F2 keys. IF it did not lower my volume!!This is a problem! I cant live like this! WINDOWS Should have a option TO disable this already!!I need to disable these,any way how?...
  10. How do I turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off my computer: How do I turn off my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-my-computer/c7bcd4e6-4047-4203-b6ba-ae9c92cdf2f5