Windows 10: How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...

Discus and support How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an older laptop hp pavilion 15-e033tx. It has two GPUs: INTEL integrated 128mb and amd 8600hd 2 gb. All the drivers are installed and I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MUHAMMAD36, May 23, 2024.

1. How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...

I have an older laptop hp pavilion 15-e033tx. It has two GPUs: INTEL integrated 128mb and amd 8600hd 2 gb. All the drivers are installed and I am using windows 11. I am able to select different applications to use one or the other GPU but what I am unable to do and would like to do is select the amd gpu as the primary and default display adaptor as in for display 1 on my laptop. A while ago, on a different version of windows it used to but I hadn't used the laptop for a while and I bought new hard drive installed new windows. Everything otherwise is working fine but it uses intel integrated gr

:)

MUHAMMAD36, May 23, 2024
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

I don't run multi-monitors but I'm also not aware you could setup multi-monitors in any BIOS *Confused

That said, I'm not talking about PEG completely disabling the IGPU via this BIOS setting....

How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel... 262136d1578343339t-intel-driver-keeps-installing-dedicated-gpu-internal-gpu-settings.jpg

sygnus21, May 23, 2024
  3. Urbwolf Win User
    Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

Yes i have the primary display in bios set to PEG and also multi monitors set to disabled. It shouldnt even show up with a dedicated gpu installed.

Urbwolf, May 23, 2024
  4. How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long.

There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me.

My computer specs are here in a text file.

The example game I'll be mostly using is Grounded, since that's where I first noticed this. I've tried most solutions from other people on the internet, but none have worked so far. For some reason, only Discord seems to use my dedicated graphics card, which makes me think that the problem is in the software, not the hardware. I've got a screenshot of Discord using GPU 1 (my NVDIA card), whilst Grounded uses GPU 0 (my integrated graphics card). All other applications have been using GPU 0.

Strangely enough, while some games are opening, they say "GPU 1 - Copy" before switching to GPU 0 when booted. I'm not sure if this bears any relevance.

Things I've tried:

• Changing my Windows preferred GPU. This screenshot shows the preference for Grounded, while this one shows that the high performance processor is my NVIDIA card.
    • Disabling my integrated GPU driver through device manager. Instead of using my dedicated GPU, programs will now run off the CPU instead. Attached is a screenshot of my Intel card being disabled. I dont have a screenshot of the apps in task manager using the CPU, but none of them were using my NVIDIA card after I disabled the Intel one.
    • Changing the settings in the NVIDIA control panel. Although the control panel says the settings are now controlled by Windows, I made sure for them to prioritise the GPU usage anyway. Screenshot attached.
    • Do a fresh install of both my graphics drivers. I did a clean install of the NVDIA drivers through GeForce Experience, and a clean install of the Intel drivers using Intel Driver and Support Assistant. Both are up to date and fresh installs.
    • Enable hardware acceleration. This didn't make a difference.
    • Alter my power plan and battery settings to always maximise performance.
    • Enable performance mode on my computer through Control Center 3.0 (a driver package that I installed from my manufacturer, Metabox)
    If anyone could please help me try to fix this issue that would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for a while as it massively impacts game performance when games won't use my dedicated graphics card.

Potato Cat, May 23, 2024
Thema:

How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...

1. How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel... - Similar Threads - primary display adaptor

2. How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the primary display adaptor as the dedicated GPU instead of the intel...: I have an older laptop hp pavilion 15-e033tx. It has two GPUs: INTEL integrated 128mb and amd 8600hd 2 gb. All the drivers are installed and I am using windows 11. I am able to select different applications to use one or the other GPU but what I am unable to do and would like...
  3. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  4. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  5. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  7. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  8. How do I disable the dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I disable the dedicated GPU: How do I disable the dedicated GPU on my notebook PC? It is an AMD GPU. I want to do this because it has broken. When I try to play even an old game such as Half-Life (the original one), my computer overheats then shuts down. 160536
  9. Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu: I'm having this issue recently where Intel UHD graphics 630 keeps showing up under display drivers. I have a maximus xi hero motherboard and have disabled the onboard graphics, I have uninstalled, disabled and used a driver cleaner but it keeps coming back. When i restart my...
  10. How to make dedicated GPU card to be preferred instead of Integrated?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make dedicated GPU card to be preferred instead of Integrated?: Currently, I have to manually add every single performance-sensitive app (eg. Games) to the Grapics options and select "High performance".. If I don't add the app at all or add it but keep the "System default" option then the integrated graphic card is used. I wasn't able...