Windows 10: How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer.

Discus and support How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi The search bar is searching the web for things I'm trying to find on my computer and it's obnoxious. How do I turn it off? Follow up: Cortana's... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MrTorquil, Apr 2, 2020.

1. MrTorquil Win User

How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer.

Hi

The search bar is searching the web for things I'm trying to find on my computer and it's obnoxious. How do I turn it off?

Follow up: Cortana's privacy settings are nowhere to be found.

Thanks

MrTorquil

:)

MrTorquil, Apr 2, 2020

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Mail screen tool bar

Hi Anthony,

This issue might have been caused by misconfigured browser settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Which browser are you using?
    • Which tool bar are you trying to access?
    • Have you tried accessing other websites?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer to access the website. Check if the issue persists.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 2, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make the search tool on the tool bar only give me results from my computer. - Similar Threads - search tool tool

2. Tool bars

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tool bars: Is there a way to add tool bars to my second monitors task bar? I was able to add one to my first monitor but there’s no option for it on my second monitor submitted by /u/Aple_aple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgv1ly/tool_bars/
  3. Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar not giving me result for my secondary drive after windows installation.: I had an ssd and hdd. Windows was installed on the ssd but unfortunately it died. The hdd(D:) is in top form. I had a spare hdd so i installed windows on it. Everything is fine and my hdd(D:) files are accessible and work perfectly. But when i press start and search for...
  4. search in tool bar not working

in Cortana
    search in tool bar not working: For reasons unknown the search function is not responding, it won't even allow me to type anything in the search box. I have tried trouble shooting and reindexing but no change. When trouble shooting I received the error message "authorisations incorrectes sur les repertoires...
  5. Windows search tool bar - change search service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search tool bar - change search service: How can I change which service my windows search uses? My default browser is set to Chrome and my default search is set to Duck Duck Go, but when I use the search toolbar it brings up Edge and Bing. Please help, it's driving me crazy....
  6. tool bar

tool bar: How do I change the task bar from a vertical display to an horizontal display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tool-bar/f3cd814e-8f9c-4dc3-b0f5-3f503620d22c
  7. how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?

how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?: how do I hide the tool bar temporarily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-the-tool-bar-temporarily/15b071d1-ec2d-4c77-886b-2e1e43421cf2
  8. Tool Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tool Bar: How remove sites imbedded in tool bar suspected of slowing down computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tool-bar/52e50e6f-b037-4242-a490-1b954a1b9fec
  9. how do i get my tool bar and faverites back

how do i get my tool bar and faverites back: how do i get my tool bar and faverites back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-tool-bar-and-faverites-back/4f9a104e-492a-4bbb-a7f9-c159e904d65e
  10. Search Tool

in Cortana
    Search Tool: Hi I can not find the contents in pdf file by using Forder Exploer. Please support !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool/bd9e22d5-e567-4149-812c-24131ad9e50a"