Windows 10: How do I make the Windows search box smaller?

Discus and support How do I make the Windows search box smaller? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am NOT talking about the search icon. I am talking about the window that pops up when you are typing stuff in. Image IMO it is way too big for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shii093, Nov 5, 2019.

1. How do I make the Windows search box smaller?

I am NOT talking about the search icon. I am talking about the window that pops up when you are typing stuff in. Image

IMO it is way too big for my needs and takes up space. Minor inconvenience. I would like to shrink it so that it is the size of maybe the start menu. Like really I don't need the list of my top apps and quick searches.

Is it possible to make the search window/box smaller so that it doesn't take up so much of my screen? Thanks.

submitted by /u/shii093
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shii093, Nov 5, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 6, 2019
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Nov 6, 2019
  4. How do I make the Windows search box smaller?

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I make the Windows search box smaller?

1. How do I make the Windows search box smaller? - Similar Threads - search box smaller

2. How to make it smaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it smaller?: When I click on my windows icon it shows all the apps too much big and it's kinda annyoing to me.How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-it-smaller/1d73f6cd-ea17-47dd-a548-7370c0ce3c4c
  3. How to make it smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it smaller?: When I click on my windows icon it shows all the apps too much big and it's kinda annyoing to me.How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-it-smaller/1d73f6cd-ea17-47dd-a548-7370c0ce3c4c
  4. How do I activate the search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate the search box?: I cannot get the search box to allow me to type anything in it. How do I activate the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-the-search-box/6f595d9a-5735-4de8-b04d-08cf54dc997d
  5. How do I activate the search box?

How do I activate the search box?: I cannot get the search box to allow me to type anything in it. How do I activate the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-the-search-box/6f595d9a-5735-4de8-b04d-08cf54dc997d
  6. How to make Windows "smaller"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows "smaller"?: You probably don't know what I mean, so this is what I mean: [ATTACH] How would I turn that, into this: [ATTACH] If you compare the first and the second image, it's just "smaller". I want to know how to do this to my own desktop....
  7. How do i make the taskbar smaller than it already is?

How do i make the taskbar smaller than it already is?: Hi, I've seen other people have small taskbars, and mine is very big. I have set it to 100% zoom aswell so it's a bit smaller, but it's still kinda bothering me. Is there any possible way to make it smaller without buying a bigger monitor with a bigger resolution? My...
  8. How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?

How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?: So I recently unplugged my second monitor's hdmi, used a different monitor, and then plugged the original one back in. The result was the icons i had on both monitors swapped monitors, and also they're all bigger now. To get the icons back to the right monitors though I just...
  9. How to make Cortana search box smaller

in Cortana
    How to make Cortana search box smaller: My Windows 10 computer just updated itself and now when I click the Cortana search icon, it's twice as big it was before. Is there any way to make it smaller? If so, how can I do it?...
  10. How do I make a photo smaller

How do I make a photo smaller: How do I make a photo smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-photo-smaller/d4567548-355f-4e37-895d-ac31795ec426

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make thisa search box smaller

2. make search box smaller

3. make the search box smaller