Windows 10: How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view

Discus and support How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_ara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kslaz1/how_do_i_make_this_go_back_to_the_way_it_was/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_ara, Jan 7, 2021.

1. /u/_ara Win User

How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view

/u/_ara, Jan 7, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, Jan 7, 2021
  4. How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view

Is there a way to set global icon, list and folder views?

Is there a way that I can set global icon, list and folder views? With fonts always readable.

JimmyCornCracked, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view

1. How do I make this go back to the way it was before? I hate this settings view - Similar Threads - was before hate

2. HOw do I go back to Windows 10? I hate windows 11. I cannot find any tutorials or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOw do I go back to Windows 10? I hate windows 11. I cannot find any tutorials or...: How do I restore Windows 10?I hate Windows 11.You provide NO INSTRUCTION as to how to use this greatly complicated system.I NEED to move folders.I need to be able to move items from folder to folder.I DO NOT want cloud or out-of-computer storage. NO. NONE.I just want to know...
  3. HOw do I go back to Windows 10? I hate windows 11. I cannot find any tutorials or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOw do I go back to Windows 10? I hate windows 11. I cannot find any tutorials or...: How do I restore Windows 10?I hate Windows 11.You provide NO INSTRUCTION as to how to use this greatly complicated system.I NEED to move folders.I need to be able to move items from folder to folder.I DO NOT want cloud or out-of-computer storage. NO. NONE.I just want to know...
  4. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  5. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  6. How do I go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back: How do I go back to my previous installation of Windows? I had to reinstall Windows via USB Drive, because Ubuntu DESTROYED IT. Any way to go back to a previous installation of windows? Oh yeah, don't confuse it with version. If I need to downgrade from the Insider Build to...
  7. How do I go back to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I go back to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong???: How do I return to the original settings for Microsoft Mahjong??? The leaves et al are terrible..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-go-back-to-the-original-settings-for/5c636fb5-f065-4ca0-bd3e-1fdea5343bb4
  8. how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i...: [ATTACH]how do i remove the thing the arrow is pointing to it is in the way and i hate it all i want is the volume thing I don't want the miccrosoft edge thing that pops up please help...
  9. I hate windows 10 how can i go back to 7 or an 8

I hate windows 10 how can i go back to 7 or an 8: how can i go back i detest windows 10, I need to go back on to something else, or I might get my son to install linux or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-windows-10-how-can-i-go-back-to-7-or-an-8/7ebe473e-c1a2-42d3-a965-ffc004c1f886
  10. How do I go back to 8.1?

How do I go back to 8.1?: I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power. I should have known not to be bleeding edge. My graphics...