Windows 10: How do I make this less miserable?

Discus and support How do I make this less miserable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have not used a computer in probably over 5 years. I have just used my phone for my business. Gmail and Google calendar were all I needed. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hangingsocks, Apr 3, 2020.

1. How do I make this less miserable?

I have not used a computer in probably over 5 years. I have just used my phone for my business. Gmail and Google calendar were all I needed. I just bought the Lenovo Flex 15. I am not loving the tiles and the Microsoft apps. Is there anyway to get shortcuts to what I actually use like Gmail (not their mail tile). I don't use any of their products. I am regretting not just going with a Chromebook, but the hardware seems inferior and I wanted a nice laptop. I feel like this thing is not user friendly. My husband is a Mac guy and is just as confused as me. Any direction is appreciated. Like I just want my gmail contacts. Not a People tile.... Do the old school small short cut icons I used to be able to have not exist anymore?

submitted by /u/hangingsocks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hangingsocks, Apr 3, 2020

2. Roll back to windows 7 fails (quite miserably)

Perhaps you misunderstood. The roll back was attempted per instructions and failed miserably. I'd I not done a complete mirror image of the system prior to installing Windows 10 I'd have been dead in the water. I did get back to windows 7 but not by the
    instructions given, because of the issues listed in my original post. In short IT DIDN'T WORK!

JohnNesbit, Apr 3, 2020
  3. yolyfe Win User
    What happens if I am miserable with Windows 10?

When I originally went from Windos 7 to 8, I was miserable.

When I got the new PC it came with Windows 7 Pro.

What happens if I upgrade into 10 and am miserable? Am I stuck with it? Do I wind up not being able to get 7 again, unless it is purchased?

Is there a Beta to try and see if I like it?

yolyfe, Apr 3, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

How do I make this less miserable?

Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511

Well sorry for all the problems you are having, some folks do, others have no problems. Have you tried the steps that are listed in msg #48 ???

OldMike65, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

How do I make this less miserable?

1. How do I make this less miserable? - Similar Threads - less miserable

2. IRQL Not Less Or Equal Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL Not Less Or Equal Crashes: I have been getting a BSOD and "IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal" error code frequently. I have updated all drivers, run system scan to check for corrupted system files and run the windows memory diagnostic, still with no results. I have attached the dmp files for the most recent...
  3. IRQL Not Less Or Equal Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRQL Not Less Or Equal Crashes: I have been getting a BSOD and "IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal" error code frequently. I have updated all drivers, run system scan to check for corrupted system files and run the windows memory diagnostic, still with no results. I have attached the dmp files for the most recent...
  4. IRQL Not Less Or Equal Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IRQL not less or equal Wins 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL not less or equal Wins 11: Hi,Can someone please help me with below issue? I have suffered this problem since last few months after some Windows upgrade.******************************************************************************* &nb...
  6. IRQL not less or equal Wins 11

IRQL not less or equal Wins 11: Hi,Can someone please help me with below issue? I have suffered this problem since last few months after some Windows upgrade.******************************************************************************* &nb...
  7. OneDrive almost full, but less space is used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive almost full, but less space is used: I have 100GB of space on OneDrive for my work account. Currently, I only have "My Documents" synced with OneDrive and always keep a local copy on my computer. The OneDrive settings shows me that I am using 76.0 GB on my computer, but my storage is almost full, with 98.7 GB...
  8. OneDrive almost full, but less space is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive almost full, but less space is used: I have 100GB of space on OneDrive for my work account. Currently, I only have "My Documents" synced with OneDrive and always keep a local copy on my computer. The OneDrive settings shows me that I am using 76.0 GB on my computer, but my storage is almost full, with 98.7 GB...
  9. OneDrive almost full, but less space is used

10. IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL not less or equal: Hi, can someone please help to explain below bug to me? My computer seems to crash a lot recently whenever I tried to play some heavy video games. ******************************************************************************* ** Bugcheck Analysis **...