Windows 10: How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

Discus and support How do I make Thunderbird my default email client? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by socklosk, Sep 19, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options.

:)

socklosk, Sep 19, 2015
  2. BenK87 Win User

File Explorer Share via Email

I was using Mozilla Thunderbird as my default email app. When I was in File Explorer, I could select a file or files, click the "Share" button, a menu would drop down, I clicked the "Email" icon, and Thunderbird would open, with a new email drafted, with
    the selected files attached.

I started playing with the Mail app that is included in Windows 10 yesterday, and I really like it. So I decided to make it my new default email. I uninstalled Thunderbird, set Mail as default, but when I try to send attachments via email from the File
    Explorer, the "Email" icon is grayed out.

How can I get this function to work with Mail?

Thanks!

BenK87, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Default email client issue

In Windows 10, I use Thunderbird as email client and have changed the default settings to this client. However, when "sharing" a document via email directly from "Word", the system continues to default to Outlook.

How do I get "Word" to ignore Outlook and use the specified email client...in this case Thunderbird?

roberthalle, Sep 19, 2015
  4. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

Try and set it within Thunderbird itself under options.

How do I make Thunderbird my default email client? [​IMG]

Although I'm surprised it doesn't show..

How do I make Thunderbird my default email client? [​IMG]

Mine wasn't listed as default, there was no entry. Maybe setting it as default in Thunderbird over rides W10. Mine is acting like it is default.

Torquemada, Sep 19, 2015
  5. socklosk Win User
    Thanks! I'm using Thunderbird in the portable mode, and it never dawned on me that that was the problem.

socklosk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

1. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client? - Similar Threads - Thunderbird default email

2. How do I set Lotus Notes as my default email client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set Lotus Notes as my default email client?: HELP! Running Windows 10 Pro. build 19042.928 20H2 Thanks, Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-lotus-notes-as-my-default-email/d887ebf3-4479-45bd-8108-95203fb9db66
  3. Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c: I have tried to configure a plusnet email account on Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows 10 but it cannot find the email settings so I have been unsuccessful .Any ideas? Plusnet were unable to help. Many thanks if you can help....
  4. Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client: Hi, We used Windows 7 x64 with Thunderbird x86 on our company, and we have pdf form with send by email button. That means the user fill the form, press the button, and the form is autoatached to an email with subject and destination filled. But now we are migrating to...
  5. I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird

I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird: I am struggling to set Outlook as default email client . I selected it in Settings>APps>Default apps but when trying to share a file (e.g. Word) from within, it is attached to my Thunderbird client....
  6. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  7. Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released: Link to the Mozilla ftp. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.3/ 123123
  8. New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available: New Thunderbird Release - 60.3.2 Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.3.2) — Mozilla Download: Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. — Mozilla 122587
  9. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649
  10. How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?: I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with an E-mail link, and it automatically send me to a browser with my E-mail so I can start composing the message. How can I...