Windows 10: How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?

Discus and support How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a second monitor for my computer but the secondary monitor doesn't have the desktop files, such as my program shortcuts. It also doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_088, Oct 16, 2019.

1. John_088 Win User

How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?

I just got a second monitor for my computer but the secondary monitor doesn't have the desktop files, such as my program shortcuts. It also doesn't have the same taskbar buttons, such as minimize all. I don't want one monitor to have these, I want both to have the desktop files and taskbar buttons.

:)

John_088, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Increase width of Show Desktop button in taskbar

For some reason the width of the "show desktop" button on the taskbar in win10 has been reduced to a stupid amount meaning it's very difficult to find and click it (I have 2 monitors so I can't just flick over to the bottom left corner).

How can I increase the width of the "show desktop" button the taskbar so a human can find it?

JoeFonbone, Oct 16, 2019
  4. How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?

Taskbar options addition - Duplicate taskbar across monitors and display button where window is open.

Taskbar options addition - Duplicate taskbar across monitors and display button where window is open.

This would show the taskbar on all monitors and only show the button where the window was open. This is in the Taskbar Settings -> "Show taskbar buttons on" setting.

It would also be nice if the desktop preview was included as well as toolbars.

Gwyn Higgins, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons?

1. How do I make two monitors show the same desktop files and have the same taskbar buttons? - Similar Threads - monitors show same

2. Windows doubles the desktop and displays two desktops on the same monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doubles the desktop and displays two desktops on the same monitor.: Hello. I am running Windows 11. I have an Nvdia RTX 4070 and am running the latest available driver. I recently bought a new Coolermaster 34" widescreen display to replace my old 27" dell monitor.The issue i am experiencing is that when i start windows and get to the login...
  3. Windows doubles the desktop and displays two desktops on the same monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doubles the desktop and displays two desktops on the same monitor.: Hello. I am running Windows 11. I have an Nvdia RTX 4070 and am running the latest available driver. I recently bought a new Coolermaster 34" widescreen display to replace my old 27" dell monitor.The issue i am experiencing is that when i start windows and get to the login...
  4. How to make two computers to point to the same Onedrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make two computers to point to the same Onedrive: Hi,Recently, I started to use Onedrive to backup my critical files. I have two computers and I am logged in with the same Microsoft Id on both computers. The Onedrive is activated on both computers but I don't understand why the content of Onedirve on computer A is different...
  5. How do I show the same desktop on all three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I show the same desktop on all three computers: How do I show the same desktop on all 3 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-show-the-same-desktop-on-all-three/09ae695e-6c9d-44c0-a661-d12b64726639
  6. How do make theser monitors the same size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do make theser monitors the same size?: [ATTACH] So this is what my settings look like right now. I used to have a 27\" main monitor and a 24\" 2nd monitor. But now i upgraded my main monitor so i wanna use that as the second monitor. Both are now 27\" but Windows still is like this. I´ll list my monitors...
  7. Two buttons on keyboard always show same output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two buttons on keyboard always show same output: I installed a keyboard layout for svorak swedish version of dvorak and after removing the keyboard layout from language settings my q and å buttons became synced. They always output the same thing, despite it being two separate buttons on the keyboard. The issue persists on...
  8. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...: Okay so I recently got a omen gaming laptop, I use one account for work and the other for home stuff and gaming. Anytime I create a new folder or download a new game on one account or the other, they appear on the other accounts. How do I stop this from happening? submitted...
  9. How do I make two different shortcuts have the same name?

How do I make two different shortcuts have the same name?: I'm trying to make none of my shortcuts have a name by using the alt + 255 trick but so far I can only get one to work because only one can have no name. submitted by /u/Rogue598 [link] [comments]...
  10. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...