Windows 10: How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?

Discus and support How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So far I only received a restore point for when I installed a LAN driver and when I make them manually. Why can't it create more like it used to? 28951 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Secrios, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Secrios Win User

How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?

So far I only received a restore point for when I installed a LAN driver and when I make them manually.
    Why can't it create more like it used to?

:)

Secrios, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Lvaneede Win User

How do I make my phone automatically sync with my Ovi account?

It doesnt matter anymore, I found an app called Swim that does it
    http://code.google.com/p/bergamot/wiki/Swim

Lvaneede, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Lvaneede Win User
    How do I make my phone automatically sync with my Ovi account?

I have set it up so it can sync my callender, contacts, notes, etc with my Ovi account, I can go into the sync app and do it manually, but I need it to sync automatically every 15 or 30 minutes.

I have tried editing the sync profile but I cant see anything in there about automation. Im sure there must be some way to do it otherwise it would be pointless syncing it in the first place.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Im testing it out on my E63, and If it all works smoothly, I will need to set it up on my boss's E51

Lvaneede, Nov 5, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi Secrios, welcome to Ten Forums.
    If you type "system restore" in the search box without the quotes and click on create a restore point. you will get this:

How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? [​IMG]

Click on create for one right now. For the computer to automatically create restore points over time click on configure. Turn on system protection, apply and OK.

JohnC, Nov 5, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    Make sure that protection is turned on. The system will manage restore points automatically. It should create them when the installer runs for program installation and for windows updates. If you don't think they are being created create one manually to be on the safe side. Then reboot, as that seems to resolve some problems. If they are still not being created try running the SFC command. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html . That will clean up the system files.

JohnC, Nov 6, 2015
  6. pbcopter Win User
    The system only creates automatic restore points if no other restore points have been created for seven days.

pbcopter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? - Similar Threads - automatically restore points

2. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?: Hello, I have a Microsoft K350 wireless keyboard. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-keys-not-make-the-typing-sound-as/16e1fa83-9515-4797-9ab4-8c902a28c133
  3. How do I make a screen print?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make a screen print?: How do I make a screen print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-screen-print/2bbdb505-8419-42e4-a205-28eb7be91b44"
  4. how do I make text darker

how do I make text darker: how do I make text darker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-text-darker/3ac04976-6dd6-426a-8bcf-16cda94ca6d5
  5. How do I make Windows 10 as fast as Linux?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make Windows 10 as fast as Linux?: I need it to develop games but it always get sluggish after a while. the NT kernel often eat up the HDD usage and RAM usage when idling is more than 2GB higher than Linux...
  6. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  7. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  8. Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?: Windows 10 automatics updates did not end up looping until 17 January 2017 and system restore point were made regularly also taking backup from those parts of system Windows10 does not save to restore points because they are not MS products but from other vendors such as...
  9. How do I make a guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I make a guest account?: Windows 8.1 had a guest feature you could enable or disable. I cannot find one on windows 10. 10385
  10. System Restore not making restore point before updates.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not making restore point before updates.: So why did Microsoft change this? If I remember correctly all previous versions would create a system restore point before doing Microsoft updates. Since 10 installed all updates that come in for me are downloaded and installed without a restore point. I had one last night...