Windows 10: How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?

Discus and support How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So far I only received a restore point for when I installed a LAN driver and when I make them manually. Why can't it create more like it used to? 28951 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Secrios, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Secrios Win User

How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?

So far I only received a restore point for when I installed a LAN driver and when I make them manually.
    Why can't it create more like it used to?

:)

Secrios, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Lvaneede Win User

How do I make my phone automatically sync with my Ovi account?

It doesnt matter anymore, I found an app called Swim that does it
    http://code.google.com/p/bergamot/wiki/Swim

Lvaneede, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Lvaneede Win User
    How do I make my phone automatically sync with my Ovi account?

I have set it up so it can sync my callender, contacts, notes, etc with my Ovi account, I can go into the sync app and do it manually, but I need it to sync automatically every 15 or 30 minutes.

I have tried editing the sync profile but I cant see anything in there about automation. Im sure there must be some way to do it otherwise it would be pointless syncing it in the first place.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Im testing it out on my E63, and If it all works smoothly, I will need to set it up on my boss's E51

Lvaneede, Nov 5, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi Secrios, welcome to Ten Forums.
    If you type "system restore" in the search box without the quotes and click on create a restore point. you will get this:

How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? [​IMG]

Click on create for one right now. For the computer to automatically create restore points over time click on configure. Turn on system protection, apply and OK.

JohnC, Nov 5, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    Make sure that protection is turned on. The system will manage restore points automatically. It should create them when the installer runs for program installation and for windows updates. If you don't think they are being created create one manually to be on the safe side. Then reboot, as that seems to resolve some problems. If they are still not being created try running the SFC command. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html . That will clean up the system files.

JohnC, Nov 6, 2015
  6. pbcopter Win User
    The system only creates automatic restore points if no other restore points have been created for seven days.

pbcopter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points? - Similar Threads - automatically restore points

2. I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows: I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't create a restore point or do a reinstall of windows. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cany-make-a-restore-point-or-reinstall-windows/bef112c6-5859-463f-bd41-9bf460ac3643
  3. I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows: I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't create a restore point or do a reinstall of windows. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cany-make-a-restore-point-or-reinstall-windows/bef112c6-5859-463f-bd41-9bf460ac3643
  4. I can't make a restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  5. I can't make a restore point

I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  6. Windows 10 PC not automatically making system restore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC not automatically making system restore points: HI allI recently made the switch from Windows 7 Pro to 10 and just noticed that the system is not automatically making the amount of System Restore Points that 7 did. Those restore points have saved my bacon through the years, and I don't understand why 10 hasn't been making...
  7. Windows 10 PC not automatically making system restore points

Windows 10 PC not automatically making system restore points: HI allI recently made the switch from Windows 7 Pro to 10 and just noticed that the system is not automatically making the amount of System Restore Points that 7 did. Those restore points have saved my bacon through the years, and I don't understand why 10 hasn't been making...
  8. Windows 10 PC not automatically making system restore points

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...: My system Restore folder is empty and "eats" any new Restore points I make and save within a day. A search shows it has been an ongoing problem for Windows Users. Anything new to fix it? I have the latest version of Windows 10 and very good Norton Antivirus running....
  10. Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?: Windows 10 automatics updates did not end up looping until 17 January 2017 and system restore point were made regularly also taking backup from those parts of system Windows10 does not save to restore points because they are not MS products but from other vendors such as...