Windows 10: How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?

Discus and support How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there an easy way to enable Windows 10 to see the new drive and let me play it? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertPronk, Jun 25, 2019.

1. How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?

Is there an easy way to enable Windows 10 to see the new drive and let me play it? Thanks

:)

RobertPronk, Jun 25, 2019

2. How to play a DVD from an external Dell DVD player

My HP envy wil not play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaows 10? Any suggestions?

***Title modified from: How to play a dvd from an external Dell dvd player; Windaws 10? Any suggestions?***

JeffreyGrant2, Jun 25, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 25, 2019
  4. How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player?

1. How do I make Windows 10 recognize and play my external DVD player? - Similar Threads - recognize play external

2. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  3. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  4. My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My dvd is not recognize by dvd player in windows 10: After recent update i can't play dvd in dvd and it is not recognize by dvd player and I am facing this issue after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-is-not-recognize-by-dvd-player-in-windows/47a91ca3-864c-406c-bd45-05589e6d80f0
  5. Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 no longer recognizing external DVD player or my phone: For about the past month since a recent upgrade, my machine has been unable to recognize my phone when it's connected or my external DVD player. I am unable to rollback to a previous version of the OS, the computer will beep when either device is plugged in and they are...
  6. external dvd player not recognized by windows 10

external dvd player not recognized by windows 10: how do I get my pc to recognize the external dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-player-not-recognized-by-windows-10/430a521a-7a6b-48ef-86fc-5e314f61d79e
  7. How do I make it so my external dvd player plays video on windows media player.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make it so my external dvd player plays video on windows media player.: submitted by /u/Mr-Knoll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyegz2/how_do_i_make_it_so_my_external_dvd_player_plays/
  8. windows 10how do i make video to play on a dvd player

windows 10how do i make video to play on a dvd player: how do i make video to play on a dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/2dbf04b3-0f05-49da-9055-baf144330789
  9. How do I open and play external dvd

How do I open and play external dvd: Installed external dvd player on Lenovo, but cannot get it to play? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-and-play-external-dvd/b0dcc27e-6159-4fa9-b49a-75a88243ab3b
  10. how do I get my computer to recognize an external dvd player connected with a usb.

how do I get my computer to recognize an external dvd player connected with a usb.: I am running windows 10. Have a dvd player with my computer(Internal) not working. I want to use an external DVD player with usb port. How do I get my desktop (hp P7-1154 to recognize the usb external DVD player and not the one internal on computer, please. Wadda...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play external dvd on windows 10

2. Make my external DVD player play

3. play external dvd

4. external dvd player windows 10,
  5. external dvd player for windows 10,
  6. play external dvd player,
  7. external dvd player for pc,
  8. external dvd player,
  9. play dvd on external player,
  10. using external dvd player with windows 10,
  11. external dvd player not,