Windows 10: How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?

Discus and support How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, after installing Potplayer or various other media players and/or codec packs, will display track info for audio streams, subtitles and more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Galane, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Galane Win User

How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?

Windows 10, after installing Potplayer or various other media players and/or codec packs, will display track info for audio streams, subtitles and more for MKV and some other formats in Details view in Explorer.

But for MP4 videos I've never been able to get it to show any of that info. It's very useful for sorting videos by whether or not they have subtitles or by the audio track type.

I'd think by now Windows ought to be able to show that information for any multimedia file it has the ability to play, with Microsoft or 3rd party software.

:)

Galane, Nov 15, 2018

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
  3. A New Mp4 Player.

I'm gonna buy a new Mp4 player. Suggest me some good ones, I personally like the Sony NWZ-F and Cowon iAudio 10.

If there are any good or better please suggest!

Thanks.
    *Cool How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video? :cool:

Pritish.Prayag, Nov 15, 2018
  4. How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?

File preview with details showing refreshes with .flv videos but not with .mp4 videos

file preview with details showing refreshes with .flv videos but not with .mp4 videos when selecting another .mp4 it shows the same/previous file

donaldeakins, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video?

1. How do I make Windows 10 show track info for MP4 video? - Similar Threads - show track info

2. Unable to Access USPS tracking info using Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Access USPS tracking info using Windows 10.: I have tried clearing Cache etc. to no avail. I get a message from USPS that this service is currently unavailable when another computer here is able to access without issue. I have no issue with any other access....
  3. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  4. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  5. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  7. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  8. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  9. Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10: We produce videos for clients, and we deliver mp4s with embedded captions. In Quicktime on a Mac, the embedded captions are viewable and even controlled by a CC button in the playback bar. However, when that same file is viewed on a PC ( Windows 10), neither the embedded...
  10. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee