Windows 10: How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times.

Discus and support How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I like to unplug my microphone when I am not using it for privacy reasons, but certain programs won't be able to use the microphone if it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John_088, Nov 2, 2019.

1. John_088 Win User

How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times.

I like to unplug my microphone when I am not using it for privacy reasons, but certain programs won't be able to use the microphone if it is not plugged in when I start them up, and sometimes I forget to plug in the microphone when starting them up which means I have to close them and reopen them which is a big hassle. Is there any way to make windows think the microphone is always plugged in even if it is not?

:)

John_088, Nov 2, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Microphone "No Plugged in"

Hi Maddie,

The challenge you're experiencing with connecting your microphone to your Windows 10 laptop might be due to a misconfiguration of the audio driver. Some devices require a specific driver from the device manufacturer's support page in order to function correctly.
    That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

For the time being, we suggest running the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool will scan and fix issues detected with your device drivers. Make sure that the microphone is connected before running the tool. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Nov 2, 2019
  4. How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times.

Microphone Plugged into PC, windows says "Not plugged in"

Hi Pierce,

Misconfiguration can be a reason why we're getting this error message. We suggest following these steps to correct the settings of your device:

• Locate the speaker icon. It's at the bottom right corner of the screen, near the time and date.
    • Right-click on it. Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click in the box.
    • Put a check on Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • Check and highlight the microphone.
    • Select Properties then check the Device usage field, it should be enabled.
    • Go to Levels tab, make sure it is not muted.
    • Press Apply and OK.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you need additional assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times.

1. How do I make windows consider my microphone to be plugged in at all times. - Similar Threads - consider microphone plugged

2. How do i fix my microphone not working unless plugged into controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my microphone not working unless plugged into controller: so my microphone stopped working im not sure why but i was playing and i realized that my friends couldnt hear me so i just decided to talk to them using my phone eventually we wanted to play a game and in this game i usually use my controller i had the idea maybe my...
  3. How do i fix my microphone not working unless plugged into controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix my microphone not working unless plugged into controller: so my microphone stopped working im not sure why but i was playing and i realized that my friends couldnt hear me so i just decided to talk to them using my phone eventually we wanted to play a game and in this game i usually use my controller i had the idea maybe my...
  4. How do I make windows automatically switch to my earbuds when I plug them in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make windows automatically switch to my earbuds when I plug them in?: Unless I have my speaker audio up they don't switch untill I change the volume, but I don't like having my volume up at night, accidently unplugging the earbuds, and blasting youtube and waking my parents. submitted by /u/glitchmasterYT [link] [comments]...
  5. How do I fix my audio problems with all microphones?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix my audio problems with all microphones?: About a week and a half to two weeks ago my main "Studio" microphone stopped working. The sound control panel shows it is the default mic, working properly and the troubleshooter always found nothing. I was still able to use headsets to talk to anyone on Google Meet. As of 2...
  6. microphone needs plugging in how to do that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone needs plugging in how to do that: I have Lenovo c560 aio machine and microphone does not work following update . Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-needs-plugging-in-how-to-do-that/d0d3031f-047f-4cdc-a2ff-02fcc3a80806
  7. how do I make my internal microphone work with facebook messanger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make my internal microphone work with facebook messanger: I have an internal microphone on my laptop. When I try to video call someone on Facebook messenger it says messenger needs to access your microphone. How do I let it access the microphone that is clearly installed in my laptop and has been given access to everything, is there...
  8. microphone is on all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is on all the time: my microphone is on and used by svchost.exe how can i torn it off?? 153320
  9. How do I make the blue light filter on at all times?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make the blue light filter on at all times?: There is not a setting for this that I can find. The ONLY option for the blue light filter in Windows 10 is to set a schedule. I tried entering 12:00 AM for both the start and stop times, but that only leaves the blue light filter off at all times instead of on which does not...
  10. How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.: So in the control panel, I found this power plan section. I usually always charge my computer as I use it so I choose the high-performance plan, but it uses more energy so when I don't charge my computer and use it I want it to change to hp recommended power plan that doesn't...