Windows 10: How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

Discus and support How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guitarmageddon, Feb 10, 2020.

1. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? [​IMG]

So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few versions old, and it is version 1.5.10. Needless to say, how can I prevent windows from continually downloading this avolute package after I tell it not to? I keep deleting it, clearing my audio drivers, then redoing the install process, and WU keeps grabbing it. Is there a deeper setting somewhere I can do to stop this?

:)

Guitarmageddon, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Feb 10, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Feb 10, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

1. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? - Similar Threads - stop downloading avolute

2. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?: [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few...
  3. What is the Arrow symbol and how do I make it stop!

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the Arrow symbol and how do I make it stop!: This symbol showed up on my Windows 10 pages, any document or any open window. I believe it is responsible for windows that I try to move or resize to snap to full screen no matter what I do or what screen is up. Please advise. I believe this started on the last update for...
  4. How do i stop this update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i stop this update: My build is Windows 10, version 1803. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03 Failed to install on ‎3/‎17/‎2019 - 0xc1900101 How can I stop this update....
  5. how do i stop updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i stop updates: how do I delete update that are in the que https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-updates/383080ed-eb50-46c0-ad9f-f577ac191011
  6. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  7. How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Photos automatically making creations I do not want: Photos App constantly makes new albums that I have not asked for and do not want. This is an invasion of privacy by accessing files to which I have not given permission to access, and is using processing power that I need for other uses. How do I disable this pointless and...
  8. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111
  9. How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?: Hi guys, I have, apparently identified the culprit for my abrupt restarts with automatic repair firing up. It's the radeon 8750m drivers. the second they begin to install BAM. shutdown+automatic repair. What's the most effective way to not install those drivers all...
  10. How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?: I understand downloading updates helps patch up security holes, add features, etc.., but I don't have the greatest of internet connections because of where I live and how much money I earn. Lately, I see that geforce experience, or some other nVidia related file/program is...