Windows 10: How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

Discus and support How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guitarmageddon, Feb 10, 2020.

1. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? [​IMG]

So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few versions old, and it is version 1.5.10. Needless to say, how can I prevent windows from continually downloading this avolute package after I tell it not to? I keep deleting it, clearing my audio drivers, then redoing the install process, and WU keeps grabbing it. Is there a deeper setting somewhere I can do to stop this?

:)

Guitarmageddon, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Feb 10, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Feb 10, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

1. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update? - Similar Threads - stop downloading avolute

2. How do i make my windows stop failing updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make my windows stop failing updates.: Hi everyone! So for the past 3 months my windows updates wont work, they download to 100% then it says ''Update failer cancelling changes'' and then it takes like 10 minutes until i get back on my pc. I have tried lots of stuff ive seen on the internet that are suppoed to...
  3. How do i make my windows stop failing updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make my windows stop failing updates.: Hi everyone! So for the past 3 months my windows updates wont work, they download to 100% then it says ''Update failer cancelling changes'' and then it takes like 10 minutes until i get back on my pc. I have tried lots of stuff ive seen on the internet that are suppoed to...
  4. I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?: I downloaded an image from Google, and it told me that yes, it is downloading...but the download icon just keeps going. On the notification bar up top, it just shows the download icon. I've tried to hit cancel but it wouldn't let me hit the button. Any clue how to stop this?...
  5. I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?: I downloaded an image from Google, and it told me that yes, it is downloading...but the download icon just keeps going. On the notification bar up top, it just shows the download icon. I've tried to hit cancel but it wouldn't let me hit the button. Any clue how to stop this?...
  6. I downloaded an image but it keeps on downloading, how do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...: I've been having an issue of late in having tried to keep my Radeon RX 570 video card drivers up to date and after just a week it all stops working, games run horribly and get notification from AMD referring to https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 which then links to...
  8. How do you stop windows from downloading drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you stop windows from downloading drivers: I already installed a newer driver version directly from Intel but windows downloaded an older version by itself, how do you stop windows from doing this?...
  9. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?: [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few...
  10. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111