Windows 10: How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open.

Discus and support How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have space being consumed on an external drive of old backups. These were created a while ago and I want to keep one or two around for historical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SOHO1, Jan 13, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open.

I have space being consumed on an external drive of old backups. These were created a while ago and I want to keep one or two around for historical archives, but the rest can go. Trouble is, how do I get backup and restore to manage them? Or... should I just drill down and delete the files myself?

How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open. [​IMG]

Explorer shows a prompt as Win10 recognizes these backup folder and seems to be suggesting I should be doing something special (use backup and restore perhaps?) Well, the link to "How do I manage the disk spaced used by this backup?" does NOTHING.*really

1st item then, is "why?" How can that be resolved?

Of course, I can work around Windows 10 and just take ownership of the directory and look at the backup sets inside and make decisions on my own, but it would be nice if this <expletive deleted>*Mad software would be friendly about this.

My last system backup was actually to another external drive and neither "Manage space" nor "Change settings" let me do anything except set a new backup location, not actually manage existing backup space, or in my case spaces.

:)

SOHO1, Jan 13, 2017

2. I want to backup my phone to my PC - How can I do that? What software do I need?

If your talking of Android as the Linux "Open Source", it is not open source (completely) and neither the only Linux Mobility Device OS.

The really "Open Source OS" is actually Maemo

Developed by Nokia and Intel and currently controlled by Hildon Corp.

It doesn't even need a PC to backup. It can backup all messages,contacts,calender entries,call log, and even boot log in the eMMC.

However, only the app data is stored and apps need to be downloaded from the maemo repository which obviously doesn't need an account or a very fast internet connection.(20kbps is sufficient).

Anubhav Narayan, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Manage Calendars C6-01 -How do I delete calendars?

When calendar view is open select options and 'manage calendars'. Long press on certain calendar opens option to delete it.

jakke---01, Jan 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it's great you're using imaging. Someone may be able to comment specifically on using Backup and Restore.

The usual response on questions about it is to recommend using 3rd party tools such as Macrium Reflect (free) - which are
    - more feature rich
    - properly supported (tech support / forums)
    - updated and maintained
    - more reliable
    - documented

As regards your non-functional link - maybe some sort of help? - MS has clearly eliminated a whole department which to Win 7 did provide useful inks and pages, leaving the community to document their product.

Threads here where difficulties using B&Restore have been raised usually receive a recommendation to use a 3rd party tool.

dalchina, Jan 13, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I manage backup space? The link doesn't open. - Similar Threads - manage backup space

2. Windows Backup option doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup option doesn't open: Hi. I’m trying to open Windows Backup but everytime I click on it, the Settings window closes. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-option-doesnt-open/4576da0d-6b1a-4bf3-9dd0-31796861b18f
  3. Windows Backup option doesn't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup option doesn't open: Hi. I’m trying to open Windows Backup but everytime I click on it, the Settings window closes. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-option-doesnt-open/4576da0d-6b1a-4bf3-9dd0-31796861b18f
  4. How do I trouble shoot the "your pc doesn't have an app that can open this link" error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I trouble shoot the "your pc doesn't have an app that can open this link" error...: I am running a windows 11 pc and am unable to join a dedicated server hosted on an xbox one for ark survival evolved. I have the game on steam and have linked my xbox and steam accounts. It just keeps giving me the error message of "your pc doesn't have an app that can open...
  5. How do I trouble shoot the "your pc doesn't have an app that can open this link" error...

How do I trouble shoot the "your pc doesn't have an app that can open this link" error...: I am running a windows 11 pc and am unable to join a dedicated server hosted on an xbox one for ark survival evolved. I have the game on steam and have linked my xbox and steam accounts. It just keeps giving me the error message of "your pc doesn't have an app that can open...
  6. How do I create a backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  7. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  8. How do I open links externally?

How do I open links externally?: I can't find this setting in the Windows 10 FB app. Please help. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-links-externally/7f6bfa76-7771-4b48-851a-7754315d0955
  9. Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help wanted for managing space for Windows Backup...: I have a 2TB backup disk, and schedule a weekly backup of my USER data only, no system image created. My most recent backup apparently did not complete due to lack of space, per the msg. in Windows Backup... There is a system image on the same disk, presumably in the...
  10. Manage Space for Windows Backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Space for Windows Backup in Windows 10: How to: Manage Space for Windows Backup in Windows 10 How to Manage Windows Backup Disk Space in Windows 10 [img] Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and...