Windows 10: How do I manage VmmemWSA?

Discus and support How do I manage VmmemWSA? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm just curious. I don't think this is a problem. But I'm dying to know why VmmemWSA starts up when Windows 11 boots on my Lenovo Yoga 9i and if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaygourley, Nov 21, 2022.

  1. How do I manage VmmemWSA?


    I'm just curious. I don't think this is a problem. But I'm dying to know why VmmemWSA starts up when Windows 11 boots on my Lenovo Yoga 9i and if there is some way to manage this process. I believe VmmemWSA executes on Windows startup.. It is not in the app startup list. No app that would use it is enabled for startup. According to Task Manager, it grabs between one and three gigabytes of memory as soon as Windows boots. Then after 15 to 30 minutes, it starts releasing the memory and later closes altogether. I have the Amazon App Store installed, but it's not enabled for startup either

    :)
     
    jaygourley, Nov 21, 2022
    #1
  2. tfwul Win User
    tfwul, Nov 21, 2022
    #2
  3. spunk Win User
    UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

    It's possible that Computer Management is being blocked by SmartScreen. We suggest disabling it and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

    1. Click the Start button.
    2. Type smartscreen in the search bar.
    3. Click Change SmartScreen settings.
    4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Security row.
    5. Click Change settings beneath the WindowsSmartScreen row.
    6. Click Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
    7. Click OK.
     
    spunk, Nov 21, 2022
    #3
  4. How do I manage VmmemWSA?

    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front


    Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

    Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

    1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

    1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
     
    ChojiTiger, Nov 21, 2022
    #4
Thema:

How do I manage VmmemWSA?

Loading...
  1. How do I manage VmmemWSA? - Similar Threads - manage VmmemWSA

  2. Use PowerShell OSLicense Module to manage Windows Activation

    in Windows 10 News
    Use PowerShell OSLicense Module to manage Windows Activation: [ATTACH]Microsoft has officially announced that VBScript (Visual Basic Scripting) has been deprecated and will be removed completely from all future Windows versions. VBScript is a scripting language that has been used since 1996 for various Windows tasks. After this update,...
  3. Task Manager Efficiency mode is greyed out in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager Efficiency mode is greyed out in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Efficiency mode in Task Manager helps Windows reduce the resources used by background processes. However, the option can sometimes appear greyed out, leaving you unable to turn it off for a process that is already running in Efficiency mode. In this post, we will see...
  4. Microsoft PC Manager Deep cleanup Unable to proceed

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft PC Manager Deep cleanup Unable to proceed: [ATTACH]If you are using Microsoft PC Manager and the Deep Cleanup option shows an “Unable to proceed” error, here is what you can do to troubleshoot it. There are a few things you must keep in mind to use the Deep Cleanup feature, and here are the common causes of this...
  5. Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy: [ATTACH]Windows Boot Manager might be blocked by the current security policy if Secure Boot has an issue, the UEFI boot configuration is misconfigured, or changes were made to the boot file or bootable device. It can also happen after changing BIOS/UEFI settings, replacing a...
  6. Manage Headless AI Gateways on Windows with Scheduled Tasks & Systemd

    in Windows 10 News
    Manage Headless AI Gateways on Windows with Scheduled Tasks & Systemd: [ATTACH]Running an AI gateway in the background on Windows is not always as simple as starting a command in PowerShell and leaving it there. The process can stop when the terminal closes, the user logs out, or the WSL2 environment shuts down. A headless setup needs a reliable...
  7. Task Manager showing wrong Uptime in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager showing wrong Uptime in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If Task Manager is showing the wrong uptime in Windows 11, here is what you can do to fix the issue. There are several possible causes. We have consolidated the most common ones with quick solutions to help you troubleshoot the issue. Why is Task Manager showing wrong...
  8. Edge Drop Clipboard Manager Brings Mouse-Driven Copy Management to Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Edge Drop Clipboard Manager Brings Mouse-Driven Copy Management to Windows 11: A new third-party clipboard manager for Windows 11 called Edge Drop is now available for early testing. Developed by AdiArtist, the app was recently shared on Reddit. It sits on the left side of the screen and can be opened by hovering the mouse over it or by pressing Alt+C....
  9. Capability Access Manager taking up storage in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Capability Access Manager taking up storage in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Storage on the device is most important for a PC to work properly. We need to have a minimum of 64GB free space to install and run Windows 11. To install and run programs and create files, we need free space. At times, we see some files occupying abnormally large...
  10. How do I manage VmmemWSA?

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I manage VmmemWSA?: I'm just curious. I don't think this is a problem. But I'm dying to know why VmmemWSA starts up when Windows 11 boots on my Lenovo Yoga 9i and if there is some way to manage this process. I believe VmmemWSA executes on Windows startup.. It is not in the app startup list. No...