Windows 10: How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

Discus and support How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phase Shift, Jan 29, 2023.

1. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart it never fixes anything and stays listed with the yellow triangle on device manager I assume it's the PS/2 Compatible Mouse driver since it's the only one with a yellow triangle under Mice and Pointers devices, but I'm not an expert I was wondering and would appreciate if anyone had any information on how I could fix th

:)

Phase Shift, Jan 29, 2023
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Josie23 Win User

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question 172894d1516139474t-i-want-disable-touchpad-dell-laptop-1.png

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question 172895d1516139576t-i-want-disable-touchpad-dell-laptop-2.png

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question 172896d1516139585t-i-want-disable-touchpad-dell-laptop-3.png

Josie23, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

1. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question - Similar Threads - manually reinstall touchpad

2. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  3. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  4. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  5. How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I manually reinstall a touchpad driver on a laptop? +optional question: My laptop model Dell Inspiron 5577 gaming and it has been giving me some trouble over the last few months following a half dozen Windows updates. My touchpad just suddenly disappeared from settings and is unusable, anytime I go to device manager and try to uninstall + restart...
  6. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  7. How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?

How do I reinstall Wifi drivers for an ASUS laptop?: I recently updated windows 10 to its latest update and it disabled all my wifi settings. I deleted the wifi driver without knowing it was the driver and I cannot recover it. I tried troubleshooting and it failed, I tried scanning for hardware changes and it detected nothing,...
  8. How can I manually reinstall a bluetooth driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I manually reinstall a bluetooth driver?: My bluetooth toggle/function suddenly disappeared so I uninstalled the bluetooth driver, expecting windows to reinstall it on its own. However, it did not and I am now stuck with no bluetooth, not knowing what to do....
  9. How to manually reinstall bluetooth drivers?

How to manually reinstall bluetooth drivers?: My bluetooth service on my laptop was acting up, so I uninstalled the drivers to get windows to reinstall them. I had already done this once before, so I was sure it would work again. Of course, it did not. Now, I just have no bluetooth drivers and can't use bluetooth period....
  10. how do i reinstall drivers

how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...