Windows 10: How do I manually turn off the fan?

Discus and support How do I manually turn off the fan? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T440s not really relevant, though, which is a laptop. When it runs, its fan is very loud. I would like to turn it off. I can't unplug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GawkyPlanet52, Jul 12, 2020.

1. How do I manually turn off the fan?

I have a Lenovo T440s not really relevant, though, which is a laptop. When it runs, its fan is very loud. I would like to turn it off. I can't unplug it because that would cause a "fan error" and the computer won't boot, not even into the BIOS. How do I manually turn it off using preferably first-party software? I've tried the BIOS, and there's no such setting there.

Also, I don't want power management workarounds. I want a way to turn it off, or at the very least, have it turn on at 200 degrees or something.

:)

GawkyPlanet52, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

How do I turn automatic emoticons OFF in Windows Mail?

Thank you for the information. To turn-off your emoticons on Windows Mail application, we suggest following the steps below:

• Launch your Mail application.
    • Press ALT + F+ O + M.
    • On the Compose tab, uncheck the Convert special keystrokes to emoticons.
    • Click Apply > OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jul 12, 2020
  4. How do I manually turn off the fan?

How do I turn off the sound for sidebar alerts in Outlook?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the alert notifications for the mail app and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and Click on “system”.
    • On the left hand side click on “notifications and actions”.
    • On the screen you will find an option “show notifications from these apps”, below that you will find all the apps that has
      notifications alerts with sound.
    • I suggest you to select the outlook app and disable it has
      “off”.
    • Then check whether the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

How do I manually turn off the fan?

1. How do I manually turn off the fan? - Similar Threads - manually turn off

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do I turn this off?

8. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn this off?: When I first got the envy I accidentally clicked a setting where it turns the background dark when I have a tab open and I'm not sure how to switch it. It is driving me crazy...