Windows 10: How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive??

Discus and support How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hiya Microsoft, My files are being mapped to save to Onedrive and this is not something I either asked for or want. I am manually changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anjaisaacson, Jan 9, 2021.

1. How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive??

Hiya Microsoft,

My files are being mapped to save to Onedrive and this is not something I either asked for or want.

I am manually changing the location to save and have turned Onedrive off but it is still mapped automatically to save to Onedrive ... this does not suit my needs.

How do I map my files to save to save to my PC as a default and to Onedrive only on request?

I definitely don't want my files sitting in a cloud somewhere!

Thank you

:)

anjaisaacson, Jan 9, 2021

2. Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

Hi!

I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture
    file I see a message saying downloading file from OneDrive. If I check the properties of the Pictures Folder within the OneDrive folder it shows I have some 435 GB of 503 GB saved on disk. This suggests that not all parts of the files have been download.

I want to save the files from OneDrive on my C: drive in Pictures folder. What is the best way to do it? Do I Copy or Move the files in the OneDrive folder?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Baldwin, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Manny P Win User

How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive??

Files saving to OneDrive instead of PC

I recently uninstalled OneDrive because of the issues I was having with it and now whenever I save a file it goes to OneDrive instead of my PC. I can see the file on my desktop but when I check its location, it shows up as C:\Users*user*\OneDrive\Desktop instead of C:\Users*user*\Desktop. I would like to save it to my PC (hard drive) without OneDrive interfering in any way.

Other I have checked the storage in system settings and PC is the only place it can save files which is even more absurd, I unchecked autosave to OneDrive before I uninstalled it as well.

Manny P, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive??

1. How do I map my files to save to my PC and not Onedrive?? - Similar Threads - map files save

2. Did OneDrive Save My Files Online After I Unlinked My PC And Uninstalled OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did OneDrive Save My Files Online After I Unlinked My PC And Uninstalled OneDrive?: Today, I unlinked my laptop from OneDrive even though I was not signed into a Microsoft account on OneDrive, and uninstalled OneDrive. Following this, I noticed that in Settings > Accounts, the text under OneDrive changed from "Sign in" to "Manage files." Does this mean that...
  3. Did OneDrive Save My Files Online After I Unlinked My PC And Uninstalled OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did OneDrive Save My Files Online After I Unlinked My PC And Uninstalled OneDrive?: Today, I unlinked my laptop from OneDrive even though I was not signed into a Microsoft account on OneDrive, and uninstalled OneDrive. Following this, I noticed that in Settings > Accounts, the text under OneDrive changed from "Sign in" to "Manage files." Does this mean that...
  4. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  5. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  6. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?: I am having issues with onedrive being the default saving location so I wanted it to solve it by uninstalling it, which has now led to a new issue: files still saved to a onedrive folder and no settings to change it since onedrive no longer exists to change that. I tried...
  7. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?: I am having issues with onedrive being the default saving location so I wanted it to solve it by uninstalling it, which has now led to a new issue: files still saved to a onedrive folder and no settings to change it since onedrive no longer exists to change that. I tried...
  8. How do I change the default saving location of files from onedrive to my own pc?

9. How can I get office to save files to my PC and not to Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get office to save files to my PC and not to Onedrive?: I have Windows 10 and Home office student but everything is being saved to ondrive and I want everything to save to my PC and upload once a week to onedrive....
  10. How do i save my games to PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i save my games to PC: I have windows 10 home edition V1903. i seen a spot saying saved games. know how do I do I? save save to it?? I guess it something from windows 7 because windows 10 still incorporates in it's OS. now how do i save to it??...