Windows 10: How do I merge boot and system partitions

Discus and support How do I merge boot and system partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently updated from Win7 to Win10. Initially when updating I was encountering an error, which I resolved by splitting my SSD into 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisd, Aug 18, 2015.

1. chrisd Win User

How do I merge boot and system partitions

Hi everyone,

I recently updated from Win7 to Win10. Initially when updating I was encountering an error, which I resolved by splitting my SSD into 2 partitions using CMD (I found this information through other posts).

Now the SSD is in 2 partitions, one being the boot partition (C) and the other system partition (Y). Is it possible that these 2 partitions can be merged together?

Attached is a picture of my current Disk Management.

Many thanks for your help.

:)

chrisd, Aug 18, 2015
  2. ZviSever Win User

How to extend (CHow do I merge boot and system partitions :) disk?

Find below the message I got when trying to merge:

"The version of your system is equal or higher tn 1703. We suggest you don't resize/move system partition, which may cause system boot failure. We suggest you create a Windows PE bootable media and resize/move system partition with it."

ZviSever, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

5. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I merge boot and system partitions - Similar Threads - merge boot system

2. How do I edit/merge partitions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I edit/merge partitions.: I want to merge my System C:/ with another Partition, I have deleted the other partition and I now got Unalocated space, but its not next to C: , I have another Partition between them, Can anyone Help me? And Yes I have tried this Free Software AOMEI, but it wants something...
  3. How do I edit/merge partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I edit/merge partitions.: I want to merge my System C:/ with another Partition, I have deleted the other partition and I now got Unalocated space, but its not next to C: , I have another Partition between them, Can anyone Help me? And Yes I have tried this Free Software AOMEI, but it wants something...
  4. How do I edit/merge partitions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  6. How can I merge system and boot partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I merge system and boot partitions: Hi to all! On hdd-1 I have clean installation of windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version. (Of course) there are system reserved active partition followed by boot partition C. Tell me, please, how to (if possible) merge system and boot partitions without the need for...
  7. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  8. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  9. How can I merge my Boot and System Partition into an unique one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I merge my Boot and System Partition into an unique one?: Hello everyone. I recently opened my disk manager and Boot and System Properties are on two different partitions. Here is a screenshot of my Disk Manager. [img] I apologize for the image being in french. The system partition where windows is installed is the second one...
  10. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merge system and boot partitions

2. how to merge boot and system partitions

3. in win 10 professional how can i merge the system and windows (boot) partitions?