Windows 10: How do I merge Cortana and Search?

Discus and support How do I merge Cortana and Search? in Cortana to solve the problem; On my Mac, i've used bootcamp to install windows 10. This version has search and Cortana split, which makes the taskbar clunky and hogs space I could... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PuppyFuzz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PuppyFuzz Win User

How do I merge Cortana and Search?

On my Mac, i've used bootcamp to install windows 10. This version has search and Cortana split, which makes the taskbar clunky and hogs space I could use. I'm not trying to hide anything from the bar, I want to merge them back together. If there is a registry hack, program or setting I could use, i'll take it. Thanks!

:)

PuppyFuzz, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How do I merge Cortana and Search? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 29, 2019
  3. How do I merge Cortana and Search?

Hello,

There is no way on V1903 currently to merge Cortana and Search. The only option you can try is to downgrade to V1809, where both features are combined by default.

Good luck!

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 29, 2019
  4. How do I merge Cortana and Search?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

How do I merge Cortana and Search?

1. How do I merge Cortana and Search? - Similar Threads - merge Cortana Search

2. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Cortana
    how do I merge the new cortana and search?: I want the new cortana and search to be merged...
  3. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I merge the new cortana and search?: I want the new cortana and search to be merged...
  4. how do I merge the new cortana and search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore the Cortana search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the Cortana search box?: I've tried right-clicking the search engine (it's only an icon), but there is no Cortana option. How do I resolve this issue? submitted by /u/victoria_queen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rix9jb/how_do_i_restore_the_cortana_search_box/
  6. How do I get the Cortana search box?

in Cortana
    How do I get the Cortana search box?: I've been searching online and everything says to right click the task bar and go to the Cortana tab, but I don't have a Cortana tab. The only Cortana related item there is to enable the button to open the Cortana app. I'm also not using small taskbar icons....
  7. How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?

in Cortana
    How do i search with Cortana Effectivly?: i just started utlizing cortana and im trying to understand how to search is force for specific files on my computer So let's say I was searching for a video file by its name. How do i get cortana to find it for me? becuse so far everytime im l;ooking for videos she gives...
  8. How do I reduce the Cortana search box size

in Cortana
    How do I reduce the Cortana search box size: Out of no where the box that opens when I click the cortana icon has more than doubled in size and is completely hideous as it now takes up 1/4th of my screen for no reason. I can't seem to find any setting that allows me to revert this travesty of a change and was hoping...
  9. How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?: I have no use for Cortana. It is a burden on my system with no benefit for me. How do I disable it and maintain the search function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-cortana-and-still-use-the-search/6eed2ac0-b8e9-436c-b61d-f725949fb9ef"
  10. There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this

in Cortana
    There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this: There's a search instead of Cortana. how do I fix this??? You Can See in This Image, Theres Search Icon Instead of Cortana icon. HELP! (I BOUGHT Windows 10 JUST to Try Out Cortana But :( )...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to combine cortana and search

2. combine windows 10 search and cortana application

3. merge cortana and search

4. combine cortana and search,
  5. how to merge my type here to search and cortan buttons,
  6. how to merge cortana with search,
  7. merge search bar and cortana,
  8. merge talk and search buttons cortana,
  9. How to merge Cortana which search bar,
  10. combine search taskbar and cortana button,
  11. windows 10 combine cortana and search button,