Windows 10: How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile?

Discus and support How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Slightly different problem but cannot find a thread for it, this is the closest so far: MS Tech did a remote repair in-place upgrade on my Win 10 64... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by designscape1, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile?

Slightly different problem but cannot find a thread for it, this is the closest so far: MS Tech did a remote repair in-place upgrade on my Win 10 64 v1903. It created a new User Profile with the .000 following my local User/Admin Profile. I now have 'Owner' and 'Owner.000'. 'Owner' shows up in the Accounts list and Owner.ooo does not. the 'whoami' returns me as logged in as Owner.000 and that is the account name in the Registry as well. The original 'Owner' account has about 31GB in its Users folder while the Owner.000 has about 67GB in its folder. What I have noticed is that programs like Office-365 Outlook 2016 cannot find the PST/OST files for my Gmail & Google Domain accounts as it is still searching using the old 'Owner' path, while the PST/OST files have been moved to the new .000 path.
    I am sure as I try to use or access assets for many of the graphics and Autocad programs I use I will discover many broken links. How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile?
    Do I move the new into the old, or the old into the new, or both into a newly created Profile? Can I delete windows.old, or safely move it to an external drive as it takes up a lot of space?
    I am not sure of how cut & Paste, vs Copy vs Drag & Drop behave under these conditions.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Don

:)

designscape1, Nov 8, 2019

2. Paths to profile folders subject to folder redirection

On Windows 7, profile folders that have been redirected can be accessed with a local path such as "%USERPROFILE%\Pictures" etc.; the Pictures 'folder' in the profile folder behaves as a sort of junction point.

However, on Windows 10, none of the profile folders appear in the %USERPROFILE% folder, regardless of whether they are subject to redirection. Is there a defined path that these folders can be (reliably) accessed via? Several applications I have want a
    folder path to these profile folders, and specifying the actual storage location is rather inconvenient when that location may be subject to future change.

Thanks

NotMultipleChoice, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10  

Without changing the owner and permissions of the keys in steps 1 and 2, the .reg files will not be able to fully merge, and those keys will not be changed. Those keys are responsible for the folders showing in the navigation pane if you open the folder pinned to Quick access or Start list.

Brink, Nov 8, 2019
  4. geoffers Win User

How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile?

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile? [​IMG]

geoffers, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile?

1. How do I merge the two folders into one fully path functional profile? - Similar Threads - merge folders fully

2. Can I merge two outlook accounts into one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I merge two outlook accounts into one?: I seem to have accumulated several Microsoft accounts. Can I merge them into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-two-outlook-accounts-into-one/a0f5935b-276c-4613-9b5e-d77655671a74
  3. How do I merge two SSDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  4. How do I merge two SSDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  5. How do I merge two Users into one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I merge two Users into one?: I have an HP 15 Notebook PC using WIN 10 Home. I'm the sole User, but I have two Users folders let's say A & B. A is all the Data. B is all the AppData. It's been like that for several years since I first set up my Notebook & probably made an error in that. It doesn't cause...
  6. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  7. How do I merge these two volumes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I merge these two volumes?: I want to merge the unallocated space but the EFI boot volume is in the way, so I can't extend the C: drive to merge with the unallocated space. Is there any way to merge them?[ATTACH]...
  8. Can I merge two Microsoft Account into one?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I merge two Microsoft Account into one?: Hello! I want to merge two of my Microsoft Accounts in to one. I first added my gmail account into Microsoft account but after that I wanted to have an outlook account. I created an outlook account and added it Microsoft account. Now, I have two Microsoft accounts and both...
  9. Merge bookmarks between two Firefox profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge bookmarks between two Firefox profiles?: I created a second Firefox profile as an experiment. I created new bookmarks, forgetting that bookmarks only go into the current profile. Is there a way that I can merge the two sets of bookmarks, or to somehow copy individual bookmarks or folders of bookmarks between the two...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...