Windows 10: How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

Discus and support How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by saberman, Apr 12, 2023.

1. saberman Win User

How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it asks me to scan a QR code with the authentication app which doesn't have a way to access the camera. I would like to merge the two as a single Microsoft account. Assuming I can find a way to get into the job/school account how do I merge them for Microsoft websites.

:)

saberman, Apr 12, 2023
  2. saberman Win User

I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.

The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it asks me to scan a QR code with the authentication app which doesn't have a way to access the camera.

I would like to merge the two as a single Microsoft account. Assuming I can find a way to get into the job/school account how do I merge them for Microsoft websites.

saberman, Apr 12, 2023
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Apr 12, 2023
  4. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

Marivel Man, Apr 12, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address? - Similar Threads - merge sign ins

2. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?: I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it...
  3. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?: I somehow have the email address that I normally use with Microsoft websites listed twice. Once as a job/school account and once as a personal account.The job/school version is insisting on connecting to the authentication app. I go through the process and get stopped when it...
  4. How do I merge two sign-ins with the same email address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I merge two SSDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  6. How do I merge two SSDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  7. two email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    two email address: I have two Microsoft accounts and I want to delete one of them. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-email-address/bf1ce28e-cb91-43cc-a70a-7e4049ad292a
  8. Merged email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Merged email address: Hi, I have 2 email addresses. A xxxxxxxxx**** which I use for personal and xxxxxxxxxxxx .co.uk for business. If I receive an email for the .co.uk it often goes to the .com address and it can also happen when I send a business email out from what I think is my business...
  9. How do I merge two Users into one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I merge two Users into one?: I have an HP 15 Notebook PC using WIN 10 Home. I'm the sole User, but I have two Users folders let's say A & B. A is all the Data. B is all the AppData. It's been like that for several years since I first set up my Notebook & probably made an error in that. It doesn't cause...
  10. How do I merge these two volumes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I merge these two volumes?: I want to merge the unallocated space but the EFI boot volume is in the way, so I can't extend the C: drive to merge with the unallocated space. Is there any way to merge them?[ATTACH]...