Windows 10: How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?

Discus and support How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got an old Windows 10 Pro PC. Most of my data is stored on an external hard drive that's formatted NTFS and I think they are protected - owner:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by techcon26687, Mar 31, 2023.

1. How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?

I've got an old Windows 10 Pro PC. Most of my data is stored on an external hard drive that's formatted NTFS and I think they are protected - owner: full control only.I'm building a new Windows 11 PC and going to install Windows 11 Pro.Is there a way to migrate my local profile/account to the new PC without losing 'security privileges', AKA access to 'owned' files on the external drive? Sorry, been a LONG time since I needed and used the correct nomenclature for userID and file permissions, etc.Everything I've found seems to just copy data and 'settings'... but does NOT specify 'security pri

:)

techcon26687, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Keng612 Win User
    How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC?

I already have a computer and laptop that I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

I Just bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro, and want to migrate my user profile from my existing Windows 10 Pro computer to the new computer so I have all my files and settings setup for the new machine.

It seems MS doesn't have have Windows Easy Transfer anymore for Windows 10, so how can I do this now?

A Windows 10 to Windows 10 user profile migration solution needs to be addressed not just for home users, but for corporate IT staff as well. What if I need to backup and restore user profiles from one PC to another PC if both are running Windows 10?

Please do not answer with solutions for migrating Windows XP, 7, or 8 user profiles to Windows 10. This is strictly a Windows 10 to Windows 10 transfer/migration.

Keng612, Mar 31, 2023
  4. CK011885 Win User

How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?

1. How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC? - Similar Threads - migrate user profile

2. User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs: As one department ~170 persons are in a transition to move to another department on new Windows 11 PCs I would like to move, not only relevant documents but preferably, the entire user profiles with them.Most of their functions will remain the same. And so most relevant...
  3. User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs: As one department ~170 persons are in a transition to move to another department on new Windows 11 PCs I would like to move, not only relevant documents but preferably, the entire user profiles with them.Most of their functions will remain the same. And so most relevant...
  4. How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 11 PC?: I've got an old Windows 10 Pro PC. Most of my data is stored on an external hard drive that's formatted NTFS and I think they are protected - owner: full control only.I'm building a new Windows 11 PC and going to install Windows 11 Pro.Is there a way to migrate my local...
  5. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  6. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?: When I bought a new PC a few years ago I set up the user profile under my Microsoft account. Then covid happened and my son ended up relying on it for school. So everything on that user profile is now all his settings. Now that I am needing to start using the PC, I don’t want...
  7. How do I clone/transfer a user profile to a new user profile on the SAME pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to move User Profile to another Drive in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to move User Profile to another Drive in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Sharing your PC with other members in the house makes it obvious to have separate user accounts. The good thing is you don’t need a Microsoft account to add a new user profile in Windows. Now if you ever feel the need to move a user profile to another drive, then this...
  9. How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]On earlier Windows system versions, if you changed your computer and wished to migrate […] This article How to migrate a Windows 10 user profile to another new Windows 10 PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How do I migrate windows 10 to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I migrate windows 10 to another drive?: Hello all! I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have windows 10 on an old 120gb m.2 and I want to put it on a newer 256gb m.2, so is there a way to put windows 10 on a hdd that is currently installed in the system to then replace the old drive and put windows 10 on...