Windows 10: how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen?

Discus and support how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 - I am having difficulty resizing my screen, the button does not respond after reinstall.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shirleybarrettSM, May 17, 2020.

1. how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen?

Windows 10 - I am having difficulty resizing my screen, the button does not respond after reinstall.

:)

shirleybarrettSM, May 17, 2020

2. Involuntary screen minimization

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to check in safe mode and clean boot.

Method 1:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on
    How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer:

To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link below

Method 2:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 17, 2020
Thema:

how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen?

1. how do I minimize my Windows 10 screen? - Similar Threads - minimize screen

2. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  3. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  4. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  5. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  6. My laptop keep repeatedly minimizing and miximizing screen

My laptop keep repeatedly minimizing and miximizing screen: Recently my laptop been having this issue... it does this very often whenever i run a software or browsers even the File explorer. Can anyone help me resolve the issue :<. Also i already tried updating the drivers and resetting the laptop yet the problem still persist....
  7. My laptop keep repeatedly minimizing and miximizing screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keep repeatedly minimizing and miximizing screen: Recently my laptop been having this issue... it does this very often whenever i run a software or browsers even the File explorer. Can anyone help me resolve the issue :<. Also i already tried updating the drivers and resetting the laptop yet the problem still persist....
  8. My laptop keep repeatedly minimizing and miximizing screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My PC screen dims when all applications are minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC screen dims when all applications are minimized: Hi all,I am having a problem on windows 11 desktop PC. My screen dims when my Desktop is highlighted. When a browser, or folder, or any application is opened, the screen brightens up, but when I minimize them or close those apps to see the desktop, the screen gets dim.Also,...
  10. My PC screen dims when all applications are minimized

My PC screen dims when all applications are minimized: Hi all,I am having a problem on windows 11 desktop PC. My screen dims when my Desktop is highlighted. When a browser, or folder, or any application is opened, the screen brightens up, but when I minimize them or close those apps to see the desktop, the screen gets dim.Also,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant minimize screen

2. decrease screen size to normal

3. cant minimize web page

4. why cant i minimize my screens,
  5. why cant i minimize windows 10