Windows 10: How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

Discus and support How do I mount a shared drive with NFS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have most of my data on a Linux machine accessible via NFS. How can I access it on my Windows 10 system? I have edited the registry to add Uid and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColliJim, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ColliJim Win User

How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

I have most of my data on a Linux machine accessible via NFS. How can I access it on my Windows 10 system?
    I have edited the registry to add Uid and Gid, and enabled the NFS service.
    The mount command eludes me. The examples I see have "-o anon" or "-o nolock" or similar. Microsoft Docs has help for mount showing -o options. When used I get an error saying "-o" is ambiguous and could be OutVariable or OutBuffer.
    If I omit -o I get prompted for Root:
    Am I using the wrong mount command?

What do I need to mount external files via NFS?
    Thanks

:)

ColliJim, Oct 1, 2019

2. mount nfs share with nfs client

Hello,

my nfs share was exported by my centos os.

and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro.

Can I Set Up User Name Mapping in Windows Vista?

On windows 10 version 1709

mount nfs share successfully and permission acccess are all right

On windows 10 version 1809

mount nfs share successfully, but permission access is not correctly set.

after some investigation, I find with win 10 version 1809, despite what I set AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default

mount always set the uid=-2 and gid=-2

but on windows 10 version1709, the uid and gid can correctly set according to the value of AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit.

Do you know why? is there any solution? Thank you very much!

Heming A Tang, Oct 1, 2019
  3. mount nfs share with nfs client

Hi Heming A Tang,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing permissions issue after mounting NFS share. Hence, I would suggest you to post your question in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    who are well-equipped with the knowledge, skill and resource to handle queries regarding this issue.

Regards and Cheers!

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 1, 2019
  4. How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

Windows 10 won't mount Samba share from Debian

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike. I just:

• Unchecked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Checked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Tried connecting to the Debian server's share
    But it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? In the meantime as a workaround, I see that there's a "Services for NFS" option that I'm going to test out to see if I can get access that way.

SeanKillian, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

1. How do I mount a shared drive with NFS - Similar Threads - mount shared drive

2. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  3. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  4. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights: Hello,I have an NFS share mounted : mount \\192.168.x.x\DRIVE X:If I run an app with elevated rights the drive is not visible. UAC is switched off, user has admin rights. Any help ?Maciej...
  6. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights: Hello,I have an NFS share mounted : mount \\192.168.x.x\DRIVE X:If I run an app with elevated rights the drive is not visible. UAC is switched off, user has admin rights. Any help ?Maciej...
  7. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AzureAD: Mounting Shared Drives with Docker for Windows

AzureAD: Mounting Shared Drives with Docker for Windows: Hello, I know Docker is not a Microsoft product but this issue relates to my AzureAD login. This affects being able to use Volume mounts in Docker which is a large part of developing on Windows with Docker. So in the Docker settings when you chose Shared Drives, pick a...
  9. mount nfs share with nfs client

mount nfs share with nfs client: Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/ On windows 10 version 1709 mount nfs share...
  10. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 add nfs as drive

2. using windows 10 pro nfs

3. windows 10 services for nfs

4. windows mount nfs share,
  5. nfs client difference win10 1803 and 1809