Windows 10: How do I mount an ISO file?

Discus and support How do I mount an ISO file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep reading that Windows 10 natively supports ISO files, but that doesn't seem to be true on my machine. When I right-click on an ISO file, I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RalphHickok, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

1. RalphHickok Win User

How do I mount an ISO file?

I keep reading that Windows 10 natively supports ISO files, but that doesn't seem to be true on my machine.

When I right-click on an ISO file, I do not see a "Mount" option.

:)

2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

3. TheLastBowlOfSoup Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi there

I'm having problems mounting .iso files in Windows 10 Home 64-bit since I re-installed Windows on my new replacement hard drive.

Every time I tried to do this the computer hangs for a while, then the following message appears:

"Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file".

I've tried 3rd party mounting software and I also have no success in mounting .iso files - I have also tried numerous different .iso files and still it is not possible.

Any suggestions?

TheLastBowlOfSoup, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. How do I mount an ISO file? - Similar Threads - mount ISO file

2. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  3. How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.: Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO mounted as a virtual DVD drive - but cannot find where the ISO has downloaded to. Is there an easy generic way - command line,...
  4. Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10

Cant mount ISO files on Windows 10: Sorry for my bad english [img] hope you understand I recently mount a ISO file on my computer, it work, then i unmount that ISO and a some hours later i needed that ISO again, so I tried to mount and its not working. Im using daemont tools ultra and i can mount a ISO...
  5. mount an ISO at boot?

mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  6. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

.ISO file is not mounting in windows 10: I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either...
  7. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  8. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278
  9. Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting

in Windows 10 Support
    Error found in File explorer / .iso mounting: Hi there Seems I've got a hideous error here -- Mounting a DVD (bog standard - not Blu ray) as an ISO file Windows explorer shows file size as a whopping 95 GB !!!!!!!! Handbrake then won't encode to mkv / mp4 file for my media streamer. Also the mounted ISO won't...
  10. Howto mount an ISO file automatically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Howto mount an ISO file automatically?: Magic ISO was removed when I updated to Windows 10 (though I had to clean up afterwards). One thing I found very useful with MagicISO was the ability to have several ISO files that were always mounted, but it appears that I can't RMB on an ISO file and tell Windows 10 to...