Windows 10: How do I mount an ISO file?

Discus and support How do I mount an ISO file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep reading that Windows 10 natively supports ISO files, but that doesn't seem to be true on my machine. When I right-click on an ISO file, I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RalphHickok, Oct 12, 2018.

1. How do I mount an ISO file?

I keep reading that Windows 10 natively supports ISO files, but that doesn't seem to be true on my machine.

When I right-click on an ISO file, I do not see a "Mount" option.

:)

RalphHickok, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi there

I'm having problems mounting .iso files in Windows 10 Home 64-bit since I re-installed Windows on my new replacement hard drive.

Every time I tried to do this the computer hangs for a while, then the following message appears:

"Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file".

I've tried 3rd party mounting software and I also have no success in mounting .iso files - I have also tried numerous different .iso files and still it is not possible.

Any suggestions?

TheLastBowlOfSoup, Oct 12, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

How do I mount an ISO file?

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

How do I mount an ISO file?

1. How do I mount an ISO file? - Similar Threads - mount ISO file

2. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  3. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  8. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  9. How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.: Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO mounted as a virtual DVD drive - but cannot find where the ISO has downloaded to. Is there an easy generic way - command line,...
  10. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...