Windows 10: How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...

Discus and support How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have files in individual folders and I'd like to select the largest files to move to a new drive. So I search the root directory to organize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Squir3l, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Squir3l Win User

How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...

I have files in individual folders and I'd like to select the largest files to move to a new drive. So I search the root directory to organize the files by size. Even though they are in their own respective folders, I can view them all together in the search results.Now, I'd like to select a few and move them to a new drive, but it will move them into the root folder on the new drive without their respective parent folders.How do I move the files and their parent folders from the search results where I can organize them by size?

:)

Squir3l, Oct 15, 2021

2. Starting Home Group Listener gives no more endpoints available

Hi,

I suggest you to run the inbuilt home group Troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Click on view all.
    • Select Home group from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Issue with Fonts in search results and home page

Hi Eric,

I would suggest you to search for Font settings using Search and then click on “Change Font settings”. Click on
    Restore default font settings and check if it helps.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps to
    run the command and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 15, 2021
  4. How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...

Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...

1. How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective... - Similar Threads - move group files

2. How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?: I'm have a problem with Windows Search. It's hard to explain which makes it impossible to search the internet forIt doesn't seem to happen with every folder. But, if I have a folder called "Windows" and I put into a file called "windows" or a document that contains the word...
  3. How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?: I'm have a problem with Windows Search. It's hard to explain which makes it impossible to search the internet forIt doesn't seem to happen with every folder. But, if I have a folder called "Windows" and I put into a file called "windows" or a document that contains the word...
  4. How do I keep Windows Search from searching the folder name of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move a group of files from search results, but keep them in their respective...: I have files in individual folders and I'd like to select the largest files to move to a new drive. So I search the root directory to organize the files by size. Even though they are in their own respective folders, I can view them all together in the search results.Now, I'd...
  6. Windows keeps moving photos and other files somewhere else. How do I keep them in the new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows keeps moving photos and other files somewhere else. How do I keep them in the new...: When my 256g SSD filled up I had a 1TB SSD added to my laptop. I changed the default to save my photos in the new SSD, but windows keeps moving them somewhere else. How do I keep them in the new file folders I set up in the 1TB SSD. This is so annoying...
  7. Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search: Hey All, Group Policy doesn't seem to be working to block web results from search. I have the following setup using gpedit.msc: Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search: 'Allow Cortana' is disabled 'Do not...
  8. How can I print search results from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I print search results from File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  9. Can We Undo A Move From A Search Result?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can We Undo A Move From A Search Result?: I'll bet we can't. But asking the question might get the danger out there. My download folder has hundreds, thousands of files in it. I thought I'd clear it out a bit and did a search for various file types and then moved them from the search listing, en bloc, to folders...
  10. Search result - Move folders instead of file

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result - Move folders instead of file: I have done a search for all files with the word e.g. "dvd" in the filename.. It returns a list of files result.. The problems is I want to move the folder/s that contains those files not just the file on it's own.. How can I do this? 72661