Windows 10: How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?

Discus and support How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Photo Gallery used to save all pictures to itself if I downloaded them to my desktop. I just downloaded a picture from an email to my desktop, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, Jul 7, 2019.

1. How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?

Photo Gallery used to save all pictures to itself if I downloaded them to my desktop. I just downloaded a picture from an email to my desktop, and it doesn't appear in Photos. I tried dragging it over, tried changing Settings (nothing relevant), and now I'm stuck. Searched the internet, but absolutely nothing came up that was relevant to my question. So what's the secret? Thanks.

:)

GeorgeFlach, Jul 7, 2019

2. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 7, 2019
  3. how do I move photos from collection to a file in desktop

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• From which location you are moving those photos to the desktop?
    I understand that you are unable to add pictures into Windows 10 Photo Album.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Copy the images that you want to view in the photo app.

2. Open the Photo app.

3. Click on Album.

4.On the right side of the window you will see
    Picture folder.

5. Click on Picture folder.

6. Paste the copied images in to the Saved folder.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 7, 2019
  4. How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?

saving pictures to a picture folder from a diCD on windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple step and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the picture that you want to copy to the system picture file\folder.
    • Select copy and go the system picture folder and right click on the picture and select
      paste.
    Also visit the below link on Import photos into Photo Gallery

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?

1. How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos? - Similar Threads - Move Picture Saved

2. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  3. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  4. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?: how do i move pictures from OneDrive to a file folder structure on my pc under pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-pictures-in-onedrive-to-my-pc/1c4fca09-e71f-4120-8490-625b5a8ebd33
  6. How do I save a photo attachment to desktop in windows 10?

How do I save a photo attachment to desktop in windows 10?: How do I save a photo attached to an email on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-a-photo-attachment-to-desktop-in/310598cd-a4ac-4a65-b590-50d30893f50f
  7. moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app

moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app: I just saved some pictures I found in Bing. I'd like to Use them in FaceBook for my cover photo as a slide show. One can that be done. Two will they have to be transferred to my photo app. If so how is that done....
  8. I would like to move a photo from my desktop to Windows 10 Photos.

I would like to move a photo from my desktop to Windows 10 Photos.: I would like to save desktop photo to Windows 10 Photos. I've tried to drag and drop the photo, but I'm not allowed to do that. How can I do...if possible?...
  9. how to move pictures from Windows 10 to Google photos

how to move pictures from Windows 10 to Google photos: I have pictures from my camera in Windows 10 that I want to move to an album in Chrome photos. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-pictures-from-windows-10-to-google/f73bf333-73a0-4e7e-879d-8b069e3203e6"
  10. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10: When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10. But, when I save the same photo to the Pictures file/program, a duplicate copy is made in the Photos app. Is there a way to stop a duplicate copy from being made ? I...