Windows 10: How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

Discus and support How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Essentially I want to have the same effect as just changing the name of the user would do, except without changing the user's name. Thanks for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeathScrub, Jun 27, 2020.

1. How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

Essentially I want to have the same effect as just changing the name of the user would do, except without changing the user's name.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

submitted by /u/DeathScrub
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeathScrub, Jun 27, 2020
  2. rfhar Win User

How do I fix a corrupt user profile in Win10...

Thanks, sounds good but how do I know where all my personal data is.? In other words, what folders do I move?

rfhar, Jun 27, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    My account settings removed. My data in user folders moved toC:\Users\

Hi poaaad and welcome to TenForums.

Can you use a system restore point to get things back?
    If not, can you create a new user account and move your data to it?

simrick, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

1. How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer? - Similar Threads - move data current

2. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  3. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  4. My user was unlinked from my user folder, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My user was unlinked from my user folder, how do I fix it?: Everything was working as intended, but today when I login to the account I use everyday, the desktop, and everything under my profile is back to default. The only things that remains are the applications installed common to every user. But my user folder that I used still...
  5. How To Move All Data Including Apps and files From One User To Another User In The Same PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Move All Data Including Apps and files From One User To Another User In The Same PC?: How can I move all data from one user to another user in the same pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-data-including-apps-and-files-from/d9214152-6981-417c-9cc8-0eac164902f5
  6. How do I transfer all my data to a different user on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer all my data to a different user on Windows 10?: I created a new user on my laptop, and I want to transfer all my data to it from the previous user. And with all my data, I mean ALL data. Settings, files, softwares, preferences... I want the new user to be the exact same copy of the other one. Is there a way I can do it?...
  7. Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new...: Trying to make a new user on my computer and keep the personal data of both my user and new user separate on 2 different Storage drives. Also, I just made the New User So do I move the users' profile to the other drive or do I set the setting of the user's default drive to...
  8. How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer

How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer: How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-files-in-my-user-area-available-to/8d3fbdf0-2486-433c-8ba5-35735709db5f"
  9. Windows created a new user with the same name, I moved all my files to it and now I can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows created a new user with the same name, I moved all my files to it and now I can't...: I started my notebook, logged in my user - it had the exact same name - and noticed the desktop just had the softwares, without any other files. Background was windows default. My documents, my images, etc, were all empty. I tried restarting the notebook a couple times and...
  10. Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys

Move/copy-paste User Account data & docs to New User account same sys: Guys I have done this in the past but cannot recall how and don't want to botch. I had hoped Windows 10 corrected the "rename user account" function but nope. I renamed a User Account due to conflict on the LAN [same name, same spelling] and sure enough, now I have two...