Windows 10: how do I move an app icon to the desktop

Discus and support how do I move an app icon to the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I move an app icon to the desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarantOR, Jan 25, 2019.

1. MarantOR Win User

how do I move an app icon to the desktop

How do I move an app icon to the desktop?

:)

MarantOR, Jan 25, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I move an app icon to the desktop - Similar Threads - move app icon

2. How to stop desktop icons moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop desktop icons moving: Hi there,I have an issue don't we all where my desktop icons continuously, after gaming or system restarts etc, move to the my 2nd display and have changed order etc.I have seen many threads where people have similar issues but not this particular issue.I am running a dual...
  3. How to stop desktop icons moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop desktop icons moving: Hi there,I have an issue don't we all where my desktop icons continuously, after gaming or system restarts etc, move to the my 2nd display and have changed order etc.I have seen many threads where people have similar issues but not this particular issue.I am running a dual...
  4. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  5. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  6. how do i bet my desktop icons to stop moving?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i bet my desktop icons to stop moving?: i recently set up my third monitor and now every boot up my icons move. i rearrange them check that the auto arrange and keep to grid is uncheck and so is let themes move icons. so how can i get them to stop moving. never had this issue when i ran just two monitors submitted...
  7. How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?: Whenever I paste something onto the desktop, the icons all move by one square to somewhere and I can't figure out how to stop this. I tried enabled and disabling auto arrange but it doesn't fix the issue, align to grid is enabled. I just want the pasted file to go to the...
  8. How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jrthegoat420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixb7xo/how_do_i_move_apps_from_the_taskbar_section_to/
  9. how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop

how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop: how do I move app from taskbar to deskyop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-app-from-taskbar-to-desktop/a212dcbe-dfdf-4317-8387-7db9c708aabe
  10. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?: How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-icon-from-the-taskbar-tpo-the/bf947d66-823c-4303-900d-9e640c9c532d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons app

2. how to move apps to desktop windows 10

3. how to move icons to desktop

4. how to move icon to desktop,
  5. apps icon on desktop,
  6. how to move an app icon on desktop,
  7. how to move an icon to the desktop,
  8. how to move apps to desktop screen,
  9. how do i move an icon to my desk top on phone,
  10. how to move icons to desptop,
  11. transfer app icon,