Windows 10: How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

Discus and support How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cathy#Haines, Jul 9, 2019.

1. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop?

:)

Cathy#Haines, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 9, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

1. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop? - Similar Threads - move icon taskbar

2. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  3. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  4. How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?: Whenever I paste something onto the desktop, the icons all move by one square to somewhere and I can't figure out how to stop this. I tried enabled and disabling auto arrange but it doesn't fix the issue, align to grid is enabled. I just want the pasted file to go to the...
  5. move a Icon from taskbar to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    move a Icon from taskbar to desktop: Move a Icon from taskbar and pace it on my desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-icon-from-taskbar-to-desktop/968a7476-d68c-440f-afad-e6b6658e21ce
  6. How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move apps from the taskbar section to the desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jrthegoat420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixb7xo/how_do_i_move_apps_from_the_taskbar_section_to/
  7. how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop: how do I move app from taskbar to deskyop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-app-from-taskbar-to-desktop/a212dcbe-dfdf-4317-8387-7db9c708aabe
  8. How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?: How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-the/290be016-3def-4c8b-9e57-216e8377dc08
  9. How do I move object from taskbar to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move object from taskbar to desktop: I see several other locked questions of this topic. But not one of them has a solution. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS to tell me to right click and select 'copy' or 'send to desktop' The only options I have on the tile are "Turn live tile off" "Tile size: Small Med Lrg"...
  10. Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?: Is there a way to make W10 move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop? I could do this in W8.1 although I was using Start8. This has become a minor issue with W10 since when I install an update to a program (reinstall a newer version) the "old" Icon in the Taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move icon from taskbar to desktop

2. how to move an icon from taskbar to desktop

3. move icon from taskbar to desktop

4. how to move from taskbar to desktop,
  5. how to move icon from task bar to desktop,
  6. move from taskbar to desktop,
  7. move from taskbar to desktop windows 10,
  8. HOW TO MOVE A ICON FROM TASKBAR TO DESKTOP,
  9. move frrom taskbar to tile,
  10. move taskbar to desktop windows 10,
  11. copy and move icon,