Windows 10: How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

Discus and support How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason all my save game data is going to a documents folder in my Onedrive. I tried moving it to my c and d drive but it gives me a error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VAPORIX, Mar 11, 2021.

1. VAPORIX Win User

How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

For some reason all my save game data is going to a documents folder in my Onedrive. I tried moving it to my c and d drive but it gives me a error message when I do so. I tried copying the contents of the folder and pasting them somwhere else but it did not work and caused many issues that I alreadys fixed. Can anyone help?

:)

VAPORIX, Mar 11, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Mar 11, 2021
  3. lolcocks Win User
    Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

Hello,

I have a folder on my D Drive.
    And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive.

How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week?
    Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week.

lolcocks, Mar 11, 2021
  4. How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

1. How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive? - Similar Threads - move folders onedrive

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  4. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  5. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  6. How to move OneDrive to D Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OneDrive to D Drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10. I moved downloads and pictures to D by clicking right and going to location. There is no such option on the OneDrive folder. What is the method to move it on the D drive which is much larger and would like it there. Thank you. 181983
  7. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  8. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  9. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  10. How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?: Hi, I am new to windows, have used MacOS since the early 90’s. This is probably a simple question but my C drive 100GB & the D drive is 142GB. The OS has used 43.3 GB, so I would just like to move folders such as documents, music, downloads etc to the larger D drive. Or is it...