Windows 10: how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10

Discus and support how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NatalaAssa, May 1, 2020.

1. how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10

how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows?

:)

NatalaAssa, May 1, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 1, 2020
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 1, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, May 1, 2020
Thema:

how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10

1. how do i move icons from the task bar to the desktop in windows 10 - Similar Threads - move icons task

2. How do I remove the news feed icon from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the news feed icon from the task bar?: Got the "news feed" icon automatically installed recently after an upgrade. Don't want it and cannot find it in the task bar settings. How do I remove it?...
  3. How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop the desktop from moving icons on their own?: Whenever I paste something onto the desktop, the icons all move by one square to somewhere and I can't figure out how to stop this. I tried enabled and disabling auto arrange but it doesn't fix the issue, align to grid is enabled. I just want the pasted file to go to the...
  4. how do I place the Calendar icon on the task bar in Windows 10

how do I place the Calendar icon on the task bar in Windows 10: how do I place the Calendar icon on the Windows 10 taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-place-the-calendar-icon-on-the-task-bar/bd7f2ecd-db5f-43b6-95e6-2f100f3d37f9
  5. How do i prevent the icons from moving what the task bar is moved? (Shown in vid,Auto...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i prevent the icons from moving what the task bar is moved? (Shown in vid,Auto...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pizza1245 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6lnj5/how_do_i_prevent_the_icons_from_moving_what_the/
  6. How do I move my apps from bottom task bar to the desktop screen? Second how do I talk to...

in Cortana
    How do I move my apps from bottom task bar to the desktop screen? Second how do I talk to...: How do I move my apps from bottom task bar to the desktop screen? Second how do I talk to Cortana? Where is the mic? * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: Apps and cortana...
  7. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash: #Windows 10 Pro N after file explorer or some app lunched, some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons. i tried many ways to solve this problem but didn't work. etc. - delete IconCache.db from C Drive, rebuild but it doesn't work. -...
  8. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?: How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-icon-from-the-taskbar-tpo-the/bf947d66-823c-4303-900d-9e640c9c532d
  9. how do I move an app icon to the desktop

how do I move an app icon to the desktop: How do I move an app icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-icon-to-the-desktop/21148c2a-8086-46a1-b9d6-505c6aa62616
  10. how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right

how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right: does any one know how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right. When I drag it from the left to right it is like have wall on the right and the icon goes right back to the left will not even stay any where to the right. Can anyone help me?? thank you for your...