Windows 10: How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7

Discus and support How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a hp pavilion 550-110 with windows 10, but it started slowing down so I decided to take out the hard drive and put it in a HP Pro 3130 mt i3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zoned, Dec 24, 2018.

1. zoned Win User

How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7

I had a hp pavilion 550-110 with windows 10, but it started slowing down so I decided to take out the hard drive and put it in a HP Pro 3130 mt i3 (Windows 7). When I boot it it gives me the error: BIOHD-3.

I've tried changing all the setups in the bios, the only thing I found to work is to put both of the hard drives in the HP Pro with the pavilion HDD as a secondary with the original hard drive booting the computer.

Any help would be appreciated !

:)

zoned, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2018
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Dec 24, 2018
  4. How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7

1. How do I move my hard drive from a windows 10 computer to a windows 7 - Similar Threads - move hard drive

2. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files from one drive to my computer?: How do I move files from one drive to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-files-from-one-drive-to-my-computer/a81c9f23-ee84-4b33-8def-8c6ae00cc1c4
  3. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move files from one drive to my computer?: How do I move files from one drive to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-files-from-one-drive-to-my-computer/a81c9f23-ee84-4b33-8def-8c6ae00cc1c4
  4. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I move my Windows license over to new a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I move my Windows license over to new a hard drive?: Hi all,I'm installing a new SSD in my computer that's going to be replacing my current one so I will be installing a new copy of Windows 10 on it, my current license key is linked to my Microsoft account.Once I sign into my account on the new Windows installation, is there...
  6. Windows move from hard drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows move from hard drive to SSD: Hi, I just recently bought a computer preowned and it has a hard drive and an SSD. When I turned the computer on and set up windows I realised that windows was installed on the hard drive and not on the SSD. Is there anyway to move windows to my SSD? I don't have anything...
  7. Do I need an external hard drive to switch from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need an external hard drive to switch from Windows 7 to 10?: Hey, I currently still have Windows 7 as my operating system but since there is no support for it anymore, I would like to switch to Windows 10 if the free version is still available. Otherwise I would have to buy it. Whatever: Me and my older brother share the PC i.e....
  8. How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?: I've got a 5 year old desktop computer. Back then platter hard drives were what was used. It's given me 5 years of service, but it has become no longer reliable. Therefore, I've decided to replace it with an solid state drive SSD, which arrived yesterday. Now I'm just waiting...
  9. How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?: My laptop has recently had multiple bsod, I didnt give it much attention until I decided to scan my hard drive and realized that the C has a physical bad sector, and to my luck I got a bsod and since then can't be on the laptop for more than 10 minutes without getting a...
  10. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10: I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and requests formatting for it to open files, with a warning that if I format all data could be lost. Thanks for your assitance...