Windows 10: how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10?

Discus and support how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have over 30,000 pictures in numerous folders. How can I place them all in the new internal drive. I want to clear the storage in my C drive for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barryb1717, Sep 3, 2019.

1. how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10?

I have over 30,000 pictures in numerous folders. How can I place them all in the new internal drive. I want to clear the storage in my C drive for photoshop and lightroom.

:)

barryb1717, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. recovering files and transferring them to another internal hard drive

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Install the 1 TB hard drive.
    • Install Windows 10 operating system to the 1 TB hard drive which you added.
    • Change the BIOS settings and set first boot option to the newly installed hard drive with working Windows 10 operating system (BIOS settings would differ per manufacturer. Contact your PC manufacturer for assistance on how to do this.)
    • Boot to Windows 10 of newly installed hard drive. Windows 10 should see the other drive.
    • Copy and paste the important files from other drive to the new one.
    • Format the other drive (as needed).

You may check those files you wanted to moved under C:/Users/username.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 3, 2019
  4. how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10?

Windows 6.1 Files in C Drive

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

To free up your computer’s hard drive disk space, Microsoft Windows 10 has a maintenance utility which is termed as Disk Cleanup. This utility will inspect your computer’s hard drive to remove unwanted files (which are no longer used) and eliminate
    those particular files. Disk Cleanup blanks the Recycle Bin, removes temporary files moreover system files along with the ones that are not being in use by users.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “cleanmgr” on the text field and click Ok.
    If you have many drive partitions on your computer then select Windows C drive or the drive that you wish to clean using the drop down menu of the Disk Cleanup Drive Selection. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. Once this
    is done restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10?

1. how do I move my user files from the C drive to a new internal drive in windows 10? - Similar Threads - move user files

2. User file in C drive that is not a user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User file in C drive that is not a user file: I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help. It all started a few days ago when I received a notification from Windows that my account needed attending to. So I clicked on the notification...
  3. Moving C drive to a new drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....
  4. Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  5. Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  6. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?: New PC. Pictures and Videos will take up a lot of space. SSD has 250GB HDD has 1TB. I want to permanently move the "users" file to F drive. How do I do it? Thanks for any ideas. 125521
  7. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?: New PC. Pictures and Videos will take up a lot of space. SSD has 250GB HDD has 1TB. I want to permanently move the "users" file to F drive. How do I do it? Thanks for any ideas. 125521
  8. HOW DO I MOVE THE OneDrive default from the C:\ DRIVE to a different drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I MOVE THE OneDrive default from the C:\ DRIVE to a different drive: Due to the way the hard drive was partitioned, OneDrive consumes nearly all of the C: drive. How can I move the default OneDrive folder to the little-used D: drive?...
  9. How to delete users from C:\ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete users from C:\ drive: Hi, I have searched available option from the community but could not happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-delete-users-from-c-drive/54706a6c-a5a6-4a18-b2f6-c0dbe7893ff7"
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...