Windows 10: How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

Discus and support How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AJ-57, Feb 2, 2023.

1. AJ-57 Win User

How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new to me and it came with OneDrive.Thank you.

:)

AJ-57, Feb 2, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 2, 2023
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer? - Similar Threads - move copy files

2. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  3. How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move/copy files from my Onedrive account to a USB drive? Nothing I tried seems to...: I can't get files to copy from my OneDrive account to my computer or a USB drive. The previous answer to a similar question was about copying files to OneDrive. I want to copy them From OneDrive to my computer or a USB drive.Thank you for any help you can give me....
  4. How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive: I am unhappy that my PC is saving items to OneDrive. I want to download all of my things from Onedrive to my computer and then remove OneDrive. How do I accomplish this?...
  5. How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive

How do I copy files from onedrive to my computer so that I can delete onedrive: I am unhappy that my PC is saving items to OneDrive. I want to download all of my things from Onedrive to my computer and then remove OneDrive. How do I accomplish this?...
  6. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?: I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new...
  7. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?: I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new...
  8. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  9. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  10. HOW DO I MOVE FILES FROM MY COMPUTER TO A DISK ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I MOVE FILES FROM MY COMPUTER TO A DISK ?: HOW DO I MOVE FILES FROM MY COMPUTER TO A DISK ? COMPUTER SAYS U HAVE FILES READY TO BURN TO DISK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-files-from-my-computer-to-a-disk/817c3669-b912-43b8-b854-0dea86365978"