Windows 10: How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer.

Discus and support How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer. One day it was there, listed under Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulWhitley2, Jul 24, 2019.

1. How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer.

Hello! How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer. One day it was there, listed under Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Videos, and then "PHOTOS", then it disappeared. How to I put it back as an option?

* Original title: Moving Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer

:)

PaulWhitley2, Jul 24, 2019
  2. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Jul 24, 2019
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 24, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer.

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer.

1. How do I move "Photos" from Photo App to MY PC in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - move Photos Photo

2. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  3. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  4. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  6. File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer: I am going through thousands of photos in File Explorer and would love to be able to quickly mark my favorite photos so I can move them into a different folder. When I click on a photo to view it, it takes me into Photos, where I can mark a photo as a favorite. I can then...
  7. How do I upload photos from Photo app to FB and to my PC

How do I upload photos from Photo app to FB and to my PC: My photos came over fine from my camera to my Photos app on my PC but I cannot upload them to FB. When I try to share from within Photos, it tells me I have to download FB, which I have had for years. I also want to store them on my PC but can't figure out how to do that...
  8. Photos app, and or file explorer

Photos app, and or file explorer: This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though. If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at 8:01pm they will go to different folders on my PC. The one from 7:59 will go to a folder created with that days date. For...
  9. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  10. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

How to move thousands photos to Photo app?: I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MOVE ALBUM FROM PHOTOS TO FILE EXPLORER

2. How to move photos from File Explorer to photo app

3. change transfer from photo app to file explorer

4. how to move photos from photo app to pictures,
  5. how to move photos from photos file to pictures file on file explorer,
  6. sync file explorer photos to photo app,
  7. How do I move photos from photos File Explorer?,
  8. how to move photos from windows photos to file explorer