Windows 10: How do I move the ACM-51B Desktop 3.5mm Microphone from Output to Recording devices?

Discus and support How do I move the ACM-51B Desktop 3.5mm Microphone from Output to Recording devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's an ACM-51B microphone from a website called Cyber Acoustics.My laptop is a Microsoft Windows 10version 2004.The "CA Microphone" input only is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jommy H., Aug 22, 2021.

1. Jommy H. Win User

How do I move the ACM-51B Desktop 3.5mm Microphone from Output to Recording devices?

It's an ACM-51B microphone from a website called Cyber Acoustics.My laptop is a Microsoft Windows 10version 2004.The "CA Microphone" input only is listed under "Output" in my sound settings AND in the Sound Control Panel.Sound Settings:Sound Control Panel:"CA Microphone" only appears in Playback when it needs to be in Recording.I have reinstalled sound drivers, deleted the device, reinstalled drivers again, but it always shows up as an Output device.I am unsure how to change this, as the device properties don't allow me to change it to "input".I type "Realtek HD Audio Manager" into the sea

:)

Jommy H., Aug 22, 2021

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Chuck38 Win User
    Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Have you checked to see if the microphone is disabled?

To make sure that the microphone is not disabled, please follow the steps below.
    a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
    devices.
    c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Chuck38, Aug 22, 2021
  4. iBSODed Win User

How do I move the ACM-51B Desktop 3.5mm Microphone from Output to Recording devices?

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

It is not disabled no, apologies for the late reply.

iBSODed, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I move the ACM-51B Desktop 3.5mm Microphone from Output to Recording devices? - Similar Threads - move ACM 51B

2. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  3. how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop: how do I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-from-the-taskbar-to-the/f3505c9b-a2c8-46a3-be0a-e0397490624d
  4. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  5. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  6. Recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording from microphone: I am trying to record my screen to show how to fill out a form. I am needing to have my voice recorded at the same time. I have an external microphone plugged in. I use window alt R and make sure the microphone is on. However the first many attempts no audio recorded. My...
  7. how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop

how do i move a app from taskbar to desktop: how do I move app from taskbar to deskyop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-a-app-from-taskbar-to-desktop/a212dcbe-dfdf-4317-8387-7db9c708aabe
  8. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  9. How do I move object from taskbar to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move object from taskbar to desktop: I see several other locked questions of this topic. But not one of them has a solution. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS to tell me to right click and select 'copy' or 'send to desktop' The only options I have on the tile are "Turn live tile off" "Tile size: Small Med Lrg"...
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....