Windows 10: How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?

Discus and support How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The screen is so wide on most computers I prefer to have the extra .5 inch at the bottom to read my documents and place the task bar on the right. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Venessa Redman, Nov 28, 2022.

1. How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?

The screen is so wide on most computers I prefer to have the extra .5 inch at the bottom to read my documents and place the task bar on the right. How do I move the taskbar to the right in Windows 11?

:)

Venessa Redman, Nov 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 28, 2022
  3. dsdavis6 Win User
    taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?

1. How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - move taskbar right

2. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  3. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  4. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen: In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work...
  5. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen: In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work...
  6. How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11: so i just did an update and since then my computer is laggy it was perfectly fine before doing the update and the taskbar is back at the bottom of the screen. i already tried going into the regedit and changing the value to 01 to make it go to the top and restarting windows...
  7. How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11

How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11: so i just did an update and since then my computer is laggy it was perfectly fine before doing the update and the taskbar is back at the bottom of the screen. i already tried going into the regedit and changing the value to 01 to make it go to the top and restarting windows...
  8. How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?

How do I move the taskbar to the right of the screen in Windows 11?: The screen is so wide on most computers I prefer to have the extra .5 inch at the bottom to read my documents and place the task bar on the right. How do I move the taskbar to the right in Windows 11?...
  9. how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?: how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-in/13cf01e6-9aaf-4073-9876-b1e2d551d812
  10. how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?

how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?: how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-in/13cf01e6-9aaf-4073-9876-b1e2d551d812