Windows 10: How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

Discus and support How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New PC. Pictures and Videos will take up a lot of space. SSD has 250GB HDD has 1TB. I want to permanently move the "users" file to F drive. How do I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by therealsimpsons, Jan 18, 2019.

1. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

New PC. Pictures and Videos will take up a lot of space. SSD has 250GB HDD has 1TB. I want to permanently move the "users" file to F drive. How do I do it?

Thanks for any ideas.

:)

therealsimpsons, Jan 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fresh install with OS on SSD and C:\Users on HDD using DISKPART?

I would like to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on my machine which has a 240GB SSD and 1TB HDD. I understand two of the more popular options to move Users content to the HDD - either within the OS using the Libraries, or using junction points
    - but I would like to take it a step further and mount the HDD as C:\Users either before installation or post-installation.

Is this a supported configuration by Microsoft? If so are there any specific instructions in doing so?

If not, I understand it's still possible by opening a command prompt during installation and using DISKPART to configure the two drives, but if it's not supported I'd like to know what troubles I may be running into as a result. For example, Windows boot
    will look for the Users folder before it's mounted by the OS.

Basically I want just one drive - C: - to show up in the OS and have the fact that a 1TB HDD is backing the Users folder be transparent.

Brian Abram, Jan 18, 2019
  3. how to move documents pictures etc folders from C: OS ssd to D: data hdd

If it is a new Internal or external drive, you have to format it first. If it has been formatted then skip this step.

If Internal or external drive, plug in or just go to THIS PC and right click on the drive and select Quick Format NTFS

Restart PC.

Now just select what you want on C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME or C:\Users\Public or if you stashed some more elsewhere on C:\, and right click on it and select copy, and then go to D:\ location where you want it and select paste. (Or select Cut and then Paste
    - to Move). That is it. You can select multiple folders and copy or move them all at the same time.

OR

Go here

Settings>>System>>>Storage for SSD storage transfer to HDD

And send your main personal user folders to D:\ Network location/external drive to store them and have your personal folders still listed on C:\ as the shortcut to store them on D:\, so you do not have to go to D:\ to actually access them and so programs
    and the system does not become corrupt or have problems accessing a folder.

seahawks65, Jan 18, 2019
  4. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

Size of Users folder contained in C drive exceeded 2.5TB instead of having a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD.

I have an SSD of 128gb which was almost full when I looked up inside the folders to clean up the drive, I found that the size of the Users folder contained in C drive exceeded 2.5TB and was still counting. The point to note is that I have a 1TB HDD with
    128GB SSD only. How can this be possible?

Can anybody help me with this issue?

PFB the attached screenshot.

How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive? ed6371ef-bd87-4b0d-8932-0631675572e4?upload=true.png

SamyakJain2, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

1. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive? - Similar Threads - move 'Users folder

2. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?: I have a Windows 10 desktop. My problem is that the C drive is a small SSD, 120G. I have tried to install programs to D drive whenever possible, but C is still full. I want to move my C drive SSD and merge with the existing D drive HDD. What is a good way to do this, without...
  3. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?: I have a Windows 10 desktop. My problem is that the C drive is a small SSD, 120G. I have tried to install programs to D drive whenever possible, but C is still full. I want to move my C drive SSD and merge with the existing D drive HDD. What is a good way to do this, without...
  4. how to move C drive from SSD to HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd): [ATTACH] So i have an ssd with 447gb and a hdd with 595gb as shown below: https://preview.redd.it/z58f5igsmgs51.png?width=895&format=png&auto=webp&s=d648dbd5c143f4dd5909c761054dadddde1397e7 I want to move some files into hdd to have more space. But I've heard that it...
  6. Moving User folder from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving User folder from SSD to HDD: Hi, I'm trying to move my User folder from the SSD to the HDD but when I open the folder properties to do it, the "location" tab isn't present. Is there an easy fix for this? TIA...
  7. Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.: I tried moving my Microsoft game apps to my much larger D drive, using the instructions that were recommended: [ATTACH] They stayed on drive C, but they did show up here on D: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I open these in D, delete the ones in C, but still have icons on the...
  8. How to move an existing user from HDD to a SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move an existing user from HDD to a SSD: I upgraded my laptop and installed a SSD keeping my HDD installed. I made a new Windows installation on the SSD and created a new user for myself, but my brother would like to move his user account with all his files, folders, preferences etc from HDD to SDD. Is this...
  9. How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I move 'Users" folder from C (SSD) to F (HDD) drive?: New PC. Pictures and Videos will take up a lot of space. SSD has 250GB HDD has 1TB. I want to permanently move the "users" file to F drive. How do I do it? Thanks for any ideas. 125521
  10. Move user files from SSD to HDD...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move user files from SSD to HDD...: I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD... I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future users accts will be there. It is way too complicated for a novice such as myself. Is there not an easy way to make this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move users folder to hdd from ssd

2. move user directory windows 10 ssd

3. how to move user files from ssd

4. how do i move from ssd to c drive,
  5. how to move users folders 1903,
  6. user folders from ssd to hd,
  7. copy folders from users hard drive hdd file transfer boot,
  8. windows 10 move user folder,
  9. how to move users folder to hdd windows 10,
  10. how do i move users from c drive to f drive windows 10,
  11. How to move programs from ssd to hdd,