Windows 10: How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

Discus and support How do I mute microphone in Speakers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The microphone sounds are really annoying and I used to be able to mute it through Sounds > Speakers (G533 Gaming Headset) > Levels > Microphone. All I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/najohe8022, May 28, 2020.

1. How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

The microphone sounds are really annoying and I used to be able to mute it through Sounds > Speakers (G533 Gaming Headset) > Levels > Microphone. All I see now is just the slider for Speakers. Here's what it should look like: Disabling Microphone playback.

I thought it could be the drivers so I tried installing an older driver for my USB headset but the microphone volume slider was still missing. Anyone else had the same problem?

submitted by /u/najohe8022
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/najohe8022, May 28, 2020
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, May 28, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi,

For some time I try to find out why the internal microphone of my Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop running Windows 10 is muted from time to time.

It seems that muting of the mic is synchronized with appearance one or more "Windows Explorer Application"columns in the Volume Mixer - Speakers(Realtek High Definition Audio) indicating muted speaker.

What are the reasons behind such behavior of the mic and what sequence of steps needs to be executed in order to return to proper, uninterrupted operation of the mic?

Thanks,

Jozef

jozefjablonski, May 28, 2020
  4. How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

1. How do I mute microphone in Speakers? - Similar Threads - mute microphone Speakers

2. How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?: How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-red-mute-microphone-icon/49b9fc83-ac42-4974-84d8-ebc2b497dfb9
  3. How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?: How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-red-mute-microphone-icon/49b9fc83-ac42-4974-84d8-ebc2b497dfb9
  4. How to fix mute speaker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix mute speaker?: My speaker doesn't work and I don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-mute-speaker/3fd7d379-51cb-44a2-a433-bd6be87e89bf
  5. How to fix mute speaker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix mute speaker?: My speaker doesn't work and I don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-mute-speaker/3fd7d379-51cb-44a2-a433-bd6be87e89bf
  6. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function: As per the title: It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had an integrated mute speakers function in Windows for some time, and you can utilize this via multimedia keyboards or assign...
  7. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  8. speakers muting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  9. How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took...
  10. Microphone muted

Microphone muted: Don't matter how many times I have restarted my computer, I have reset it also. I can not unmute the mic in the microphone settings. I have spent hours looking at ways to fix it but it doesn't seem like many others have had the same problem. I have sat here and clicked it a...