Windows 10: How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

Discus and support How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Shame on Microsoft for removing Homegroup from Windows 10 computers. My 3 Windows 7 computers work fine with Homegroup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kumarski, Sep 29, 2019.

1. kumarski Win User

How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

Shame on Microsoft for removing Homegroup from Windows 10 computers. My 3 Windows 7 computers work fine with Homegroup.

:)

kumarski, Sep 29, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 Homegroup and Networking of multiple devices on same network

We appreciate your response. What we suggest next for you is to run the HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Set View by to Small icons and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • On the left side, select View all.
    • Click on HomeGroup and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you shutdown all the computers on your network and recreate your HomeGroup with your main computer. After recreating the HomeGroup, start each computer up and have each computer join the newly created group.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Sep 29, 2019
  3. HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 29, 2019
  4. How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

1. How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803 - Similar Threads - network Windows10 computers

2. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  3. Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.

Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.: I have this problem which I believe should preoccupy other Win 10 users too. Local network with 4 PCs all under win 10 Home version after 1803. Giving permissions to "Everyone" on any of the four allows all other three PCs to share and handle the shared folders. However,...
  4. where is windows10 HomeGroup password

where is windows10 HomeGroup password: can not find windows10 HomeGroup password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows10-homegroup-password/875555a8-6e47-4fd6-9ebd-b69ad72575a7
  5. How can I connect Windows10 Pro to a Windows 7 Homegroup?

How can I connect Windows10 Pro to a Windows 7 Homegroup?: I have the latest version of Windows 10 pro and I need to connect to a Windows 7 Homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-connect-windows10-pro-to-a-windows-7/69fce76a-a1cf-410c-b324-7cd35115e188
  6. how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network: I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro version....
  7. Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network

Homegroup created by a computer no longer on the network: I realize there are other threads on the topic of Homegroups but I did not want to hijack any. I upgraded two desktops (from win 7 and win 8.1) to Win 10. While I love it, I must say it did not go as smoothly as I anticipated (and I consider myself reasonably computer savvy)....
  8. How do I delete a Homegroup from the network

How do I delete a Homegroup from the network: OK, just upgraded to Windows 10 and I am unable to create a new Homegroup because one that I created a long time ago is still showing up. I do not remember the password to join it and that user has been formatted a long time ago. I cannot find anything online that can get rid...
  9. Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?: I have what I think is a simple problem. Here is a picture of the swapped names as I can't seem to find anybody else with this issue as I searched. [img] How do I get 1 out of 2? What have I done wrong? Thanks for the help! . . . 78489
  10. How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers

How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers: After the Win 10 Threshold 2 Upgrade, many users are having Networking issues, especially not being able to see other PC's on the network in File Explorer's Network panel and Homegroup panel. I have 3 Laptops on my network and encountered this issue and have spent several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to network home computers without homegroup

2. how to network computers with windows 10