Windows 10: How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer

Discus and support How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to sort by path without including file name in the path. My client's computer works this way, but mine does not. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeoffShive, Dec 26, 2019.

1. How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer

I want to sort by path without including file name in the path. My client's computer works this way, but mine does not.

How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer 9cda43e3-826a-42cc-9ac9-44cdef8cbbb8?upload=true.jpg

:)

GeoffShive, Dec 26, 2019
  2. MikeP2k1 Win User

Show Background Filename in Windows 10

How can I display the filename (and perhaps the path) of the file currently being displayed in my Windows 10 background slide show.

MikeP2k1, Dec 26, 2019
  3. JeffCL Win User
    Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Dec 26, 2019
  4. How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer

1. How do I not show the filename in the path in windows explorer - Similar Threads - show filename path

2. How to show full path in Windows Explorer warning dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to show full path in Windows Explorer warning dialog: When deleting a folder you sometimes get a warning, but the warning only lists the current object that has the problem. Without context, such as the parent folder or the full path, it is hard to figure out what to do.Is there way to see the full path instead of just the...
  3. How to show full path in Windows Explorer warning dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show full path in Windows Explorer warning dialog: When deleting a folder you sometimes get a warning, but the warning only lists the current object that has the problem. Without context, such as the parent folder or the full path, it is hard to figure out what to do.Is there way to see the full path instead of just the...
  4. How to show full path in Windows Explorer warning dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis "": I understand that the parentheses "" and "" have special meaning in the File Explorer Search field, as do the asterisk "*" and question mark "?". There are also special condition words like "filename:", and "type:".Is there a page that describes ALL of these and what they...
  6. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis "": I understand that the parentheses "" and "" have special meaning in the File Explorer Search field, as do the asterisk "*" and question mark "?". There are also special condition words like "filename:", and "type:".Is there a page that describes ALL of these and what they...
  7. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer long paths/filenames: This is pissing me off! Has been for years now. How can MS still not have a file explorer use the extended API functions so it can actually work with long file names and paths? My classical music collection alone requires that. Does anyone know of a good windows file...
  9. How to get full filename and path of files

How to get full filename and path of files: I am using Windows 10. I have a directory with many subfolders. I want to get a list of all the files full path in all the subdirectories. For example, C:\Parent Directory\Sub Directory\My File.txt I want to put all these file names and their directories into a text...
  10. How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?: In explorer if i navigate to a file and press F2 / copy that will only copy the filename "da.txt" to clipboard... i want this: "c:\files\blah\dee\da.txt" I see it's in the file Properties/Security/Object Name... it can be selected and copied. Is there a faster way? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer dont show filename

2. on file explorer pictures the informations listed there is path what is it?